Stardock Objectdock Thread last updated on 2007-10-10 01:22:51

Posted by member 385726 on 2007-10-09 15:14:53

Does Litestep just not work with this dock?

I was wondering because the main reason I got into Litestep is because I wanted a way to access my system tray, not have a taskbar, and be able to use the objectdock for the taskbar.

However, the main issue is whenever you left click on a desktop, regardless of theme or desktop module used (jdesk and xdesk give same problem) the objectdock dissapears to the background. To get it back you have to right-click and bring up the popup menu and then click on the objectdock, otherwise it would just dissapear again.

Does anyone else have this issue? It's my main frustration because I've never seen a dock that works so well as objectdock before (even OSX's dock) and I really want to use it. Plus it's freeware!

Posted by member 1 on 2007-10-09 17:01:24 link

http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=2&action=details&id=1306

Theme #6..."DockBuddy"...hrmmm...nope...no themes use it.

Posted by member 385726 on 2007-10-10 01:22:51 link

Thanks, I might still play with Litestep but it won't be my default shell anymore. I ended up paying for the pro version of ObjectDock which allows me to use the system tray in the dock... so all I have running is my desktop shortcuts and the dock (with a small hotbutton to launch the taskbar if needed).

Who knows, eventually I might wrap my head around it and put out a theme :D.