Mouse Hotkeys Thread last updated on 2007-09-01 01:38:05

Posted by member 254833 on 2007-08-30 11:05:55

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to grab mouse actions similarly to the way the hotkeys module works.

I would love to be able to activate scripts and settings by using a combination of mouse and keyboard buttons (for instance, CTRL+ALT+LMB would active a special menu)

My main reason for wanting this is that I want to be able to tie it to the winamp module so that I can adjust the volume of winamp with CTRL+ALT+ScrollUp or something along those lines (since mouse scrolls are seen as mouse buttons 4+5 or something).

If anyone is designing this, it would be nice if they could incorporate any number of buttons (some mice have 9 buttons if you count horizontal scrolling and forward/back buttons)

I hope this can be done and incorporated with they keyboard ones (possibly a hotkey/mousekey hybrid type thing).

Thanks
Supernova_hq

Posted by member 212670 on 2007-08-30 11:56:07 link

Go in to the \LiteStep\modules\docs\jdesk-0.73 folder, and open up the help file.

That's the module that the vast majority of themes use for the desktop module.

For an example of use, go to the \LiteStep\personal folder, and open your personal.rc file.

Posted by member 254833 on 2007-08-30 13:31:51 link

JDesk only works if you are clicking on the desktop, I'm looking for something that will let me activate these shortcuts from anywheres (inside games, while surfing, etc.) so that I don't have to leave what I am doing to adjust something (ex. I don't have to minimize/close a full-screen program).

Thanks

Posted by member 5575 on 2007-09-01 01:38:05 link

Check out the StrokeIt app. It can do all sorts of mouse gesture/button actions. Some are built-in, others you can edit. It plays well with LS and Firefox. You can set it to ignore certain window types (e.g., your VWM) as well, so that it doesn't get confused with module actions.

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/