some Nonstep2 problems Thread last updated on 2007-09-20 10:52:04

Posted by member 379773 on 2007-08-09 10:53:05

hi
First im a real noob in lite step so please eXuse if my problems are dump or easy to fix :D

if have 1 mayor Problem i cant Play any movie Files with any of my of my Movie programms (exept for flash movies ala youtube) i tride VLC zoom player and power dvd all i get is the sound of the file and a gray Picture it works perfectly well with other themes or if i start the Movie in theme X an then switch back to nonstep2

the Second thing i want to change is the Rainmeter it shows the Cpu usage and the Network traffic, and i want to change the network traffic view becaus the upload bar an the download bar is due my high speed inet connection even if i use it a bit at 100% and i want to adjust it to my network speed

the thrid thing i want to change is the alligne of the desktop icons it alligent to the bottom of the screen but i want them at the left side like the windwos standard

thx for your help and sry for my poor english

Posted by member 1 on 2007-08-09 11:18:00 link

1) Move the non|step bar to the bottom.
2) Network speed has nothing to do with how that display is done.
3) Just a setting change or two and you're done.

Welcome to the phun!

Posted by member 5575 on 2007-08-11 03:47:19 link

I think he means that he needs to change the scaling factor for net speed in the rainmeter config. He has *really* broad broadband.

Posted by member 341225 on 2007-09-18 12:42:52 link

Hey. I'm a noob too, but I can answer the third question.

Go to LiteStep\profiles\yourname\themes\nonstep II\config and open themevars.rc

Scroll down to you find the SpeedIn, and SpeedOut lines and adjust them to your connection speed. Remember that this has to be typed in bits/second.

Posted by member 362901 on 2007-09-20 09:38:07 link

Nonstep theme is the benchmark for themes - one of the most loved and praised.

About the only thing I don't like is having to scroll the systray to check the icons. When I have my IM on one end and the current temp on the other, it's a pain in the keister to not see all icons at once. Is this a dead theme or does anyone know if there's any continuing development being done on it?

Seems I recall there was actually a website dedicated to the NonStep theme, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it. Anyone know what my addled brain is thinking?

Posted by member 1 on 2007-09-20 10:52:04 link

non|step was a theme hosted over at LScom. I am pretty sure that they ended their development cycle though. Send an email over to the author posted on the theme here and ask if you can update and release a new version...Im sure they won't mind.