more than just visual? Thread last updated on 2007-07-13 13:59:16

Posted by member 377517 on 2007-07-13 10:40:31

I havent found in the forums a question similar to this so far.. so forgive me if there is one and I just suck at searching...

I'm actually wondering what Litestep is in "basic"
I'm not a scripter so I dont know all the technical terms used here like what is "Shell"?
Is it the user interface?
or does it actually control any funktions of the operating system?
Honestly I'm not even sure what explorer.exe does besides the user interface...

(The reason I'm asking this (has actually nothing to do with litestep)is I have a problem with torrent programs, as they seem to hog up all internet resources, and I'm wondering if that can be fixed by using Litestep?
I have this feeling that microsoft installed an update that recognises torrents and kinda makes you not want to use it because it causes too many problems...)

heh... Anyways..

Nevermind whats behind the question, Is Litestep more than a user interface?

Posted by member 256241 on 2007-07-13 11:22:48 link

Litestep does nothing but replace explorer.exe as a shell. This isn't just visual, it is structural, and can lead to very practical changes to do with how you use your computer. This means, however, that this will do NOTHING to solve your torrent problem, whatever that is.

I'd highly recommend you try it out anyways, as I think everyone here will never go back to using explorer.

Repeat: affects NONE of the OS.

Posted by member 1 on 2007-07-13 13:59:16 link

This also belongs in the General thread so I will move it there later tonight, so at least you have a chance to read your replies.