timer-0.5.dll and litespeak.dll and lswchanger-1.2.dll and lsxcommand-1.9.4.dll Thread last updated on 2007-03-15 08:37:37

Posted by member 8918 on 2007-03-10 23:18:15

Ok, this is a bit of a hoot for me. Um, I am going to upload a screenshot of the error code so check my profile for that. Here's what happens. Was surfing the forums and found some threads about lswchanger and timer and litespeak and thought it would be great to have the wallpaper change at regular intervals. So...

Downloaded all and set up the steps and such. And it just wouldn't work. Not at all. Changed the rc. files every which way I could and no luck. So, decided to try and get litespeak to say something, and set up some text in the theme rc. to see if I could get timer to work with it. Here is the text I had, so you can see what brought this on.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Wallpaper config

ScanDirs Wallbmp

WallbmpPath $walldir$
WallbmpFiles *.bmp
WallbmpOutputFile $ConfigDir$paperbmp.rc
WallbmpFileOutputFormat *Popup "[filename]" !wallpaper .center "$walldir$\[filename]"

WallpaperEnabled true
WallpaperTimeOut 3
WallpaperDisplayMethod center
WallpaperSelectMethod sorted
*wallpaper .center I:\wallpaper
*Timer WP [#l or #s] [] timeout[15000] !wallpaper .change !execute

; LSpeak config

LSpeakOnLoad Welcome to Big brother!
!SpeakSetVoice Microsoft Sam
!Speak Hello?

I also set up some shortcuts for lswchanger which work like a charm. But the above would do nothing what soever. So I thought "try the !bang for litespeak...."!Speak Hello?"...which I mistyped into the lscommand module as "Speak Hello?" (no exclamation mark!!) and guess what happened? Lswchanger started changing wallpaper like a train going downhill! So long as the error message for lscommand was up on the screen, the wallpaper changed exactly as I had wanted it to! I set it to every 15 or so seconds...and it was going like a champ! Have reproduced this event some 15 times and it happens every time.

Box is a dual processor Intel P4, running XP media ed. with all updates and such. With 2 plus gig for processors and nearly 1.5 gig memory. Took most of the afternoon to stop rolling around on the floor laughing my you know what off! Any help or advice would be most appreciated. Although I do get a good giggle out of it...

Posted by member 5575 on 2007-03-11 00:47:22 link

I think you misinterpreted the timer instructions. A valid timer definition should look like this:

*Timer getWeather #l Weather 20m !getWeather

The square brackets in the docs were to indicate that a setting was optional; they don't belong in the actual configuration code. Your timer ought to look more like this:

*Timer WP #sl wallpaperTimer 15m !wallpaper .change

It looks like lswchanger has a built in timer option though, so you don't even need the timer code.

Posted by member 1 on 2007-03-11 05:15:57 link

Also...you can't put !Bang commands in your rc config like that. I can't remember what I was doing at the time but here is how I put !Speak in my config.

*NetLoadModule lspeakxp-1.0
*NetLoadModule autorecycle-1.0

*watchfile c:\test.txt !SpeakFile c:\test.txt

Posted by member 8918 on 2007-03-15 08:37:37 link

Got it working! Thanks for the advice!