Hooking xTaskbar into xPopup Thread last updated on 2007-02-28 12:38:03

Posted by member 256241 on 2007-02-20 18:44:37

Hello again (I thought since this was a different issue I'd start a new thread),

I have been attempting to hook xTaskbar into xPopup, using the command:

*Popup !hook:0:0:200:700 !xTaskbarLSBoxHook xTaskbar%%!xTaskbarMove%%

Since my taskbar is unnamed, I assume that the lsboxhook parameter must be xtaskbar. However, upon running the error "You need to specift the TaskbarNamem after !xTaskbarLSBoxHook, if you want to hook this xTaskbar in another Module!"

... But I have specified the TaskbarName :(

Has anybody ever sucessfully hooked xTaskbar into xPopup? Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Would it be possible maybe to hook it into a label and hook the label into the popup?

Well, clearly my fumbling mind needs guidance haha.

Thanks guys.

Posted by member 212670 on 2007-02-20 22:01:33 link

Well, a few things...

1. Try specifying the taskbar in the move-!bang area of the line. (ex: %%!xTaskbarMove xTaskbar%%) I don't think this is the problem, though.

2. You're missing a space between the 'r' and '%.' Hopefully just a typo in the above only?
(xTaskbar%%!xTaskbarMove%%
-----------^)

3. If the taskbar or the popup are using *AlphaMap True, then it won't work. So make sure both do not have AlphaMap on anywhere.

4. Make sure you're loading the xpopup module after the xtaskbar module in your theme.rc. I'd bet this is the problem.

If all else fails, yes, you could try hooking the taskbar in to a label, and then hooking that. The syntax for label hooking would be (tested and working):

*Popup !hook:0:0:200:700 !LabelLSBoxHook LabelName %%!LabelMove LabelName%%

Posted by member 256241 on 2007-02-22 08:32:27 link

Hey xcal (yep, I read :) ), Thanks for the advice.

1, I have tried that, and the error stops, so I think this must've been it.

2, Yeah, typo

3, Neither are using alpha map, although the popup uses magic-pink image transparency

4, It is in the correct order.

I think no.1 was the thing... Although now, although there is no error, and a popup is drawn to the size as if something was hooked, although the taskbar itself isn't visible. I suppose this is probably some xPopup settings, something to do with the drawing. I think I'll make it a new popup rather than using a popup config specified for other purposes... I just have to get the willpower to open up notepad and scratch my head.

Thanks.

Posted by member 256241 on 2007-02-27 20:40:25 link

Hello again, I think I'm nearly there!

However I am having trouble diagnosing a problem... If I call !Popup I can create the taskbar IN A FOLDER (which uses a different popup style 'subpopup'. This tells me that something in the config for my normal popup is incompatible with hooking. However, if I define a new popup:

*Popup !New !runningPopup subpopup

it creates the popup with the different style (the same style that worked in a folder in the other popup) and the size of the hooked module, however it is not drawn. On recycle I get the error "Use the setting: xTaskbarLoadInBox if you want to hook this module, though I have defined that, at first once and now all over the place although the error never goes.

Does anyone have some advice for me? My headache will thank you :)

Posted by member 212670 on 2007-02-27 23:58:48 link

Maybe you could make a bear bones example we could try and tinker with.

Posted by member 256241 on 2007-02-28 12:38:03 link

I've uploaded my theme:

http://www.thewhyers.com/xander/change.zip

It's done in a bit of a silly way, so to get my popup either back up and replace your popup.rc with the one enclosed or change it's name or something and call it with a bang.

I'd love to nail this thing - help as always is appreciated.

Also, what do you think to my theme?

Oh another question, is there a command to call a bang from right-clicking an info entry in xpopup? Thanks

:)