Issue using Litestep with Dual Monitors Thread last updated on 2007-02-09 08:53:32

Posted by member 362179 on 2007-02-08 17:55:58

Are there known issues concerning using Litestep on a dual monitor setup?

I seem to be having a lot of problems with windows and applications disapearing off the screen or moving to the other screen on their own.

For example, I normally have AIM (instant messenger) open on the 2nd monitor. At seemingly random intervals it will jump over to the 1st monitor or just minimize itself. Like wise the individial IM windows will do the same.

Regular file browsing windows will sometimes behave similarly. Very often if a window gets minimalized I am unable to restore it. The taskbar icon will show that it is open and currently selected but it will not be visible on either monitor.

I should note that Firefox does not share these 'bugs'.

Any suggestions? I would love to be able to use Litestep on my home PC. I currently am using it on my laptop and love it!

Posted by member 1 on 2007-02-08 18:24:30 link

Disable your VWM module.

Posted by member 362179 on 2007-02-08 19:00:18 link

... wow

Thanks! That seems to be working perfectly so far!

Posted by member 46468 on 2007-02-09 08:53:32 link

If we knew the theme you were using, it'd be easier to identify issues as well. Some themes were written with multi-monitor support coded in them.

From your description, it sounds as if you're using CKVWM as your VWM module. If so, you'll find much better results with RabidCow's RabidVWM.dll. It handles switching desktops much better.