UniverseMetal > Uninitalized variable: modulesdir ... Thread last updated on 2003-04-05 05:58:14

Posted by member 20558 on 2003-04-04 07:28:22

I got a problem with a theme called UniverseMetal that I think is a really nice and functionally theme. When I start my PC and the theme loads I got an error message, [i]Uninitalized variable: modulesdir at line: *popup "module docs" !PopupFolder:"$ModulesDir$docs\"
Anyone knows what can be wrong?
Here you can see message for your self at a screenshot. http://www.tommysnickare.nu/majk/felmessUniverse.gif. This message pops up every time the theme loads or I recycle. The theme starts fine after I klicked OK and I dont miss anything, everything seems to work as they should.
Has anybody else experienced this problem?

//Majk
Sorry 4 my bad english.

Posted by member 20558 on 2003-04-04 07:29:11 link

The adress to the screenshot is: http://www.tommysnickare.nu/majk/felmessUniverse.gif

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-04 07:43:12 link

open your popup, find the line that is a problem and delete it.

the problem here is that you have a popup-entry that points to a directory that doesn't exist. I also like to have a popupfolder to the folder with module-docs, however for this theme you need to either comment the entry or actually add the "docs" folder to $ThemeDir$modules\

Posted by member 20558 on 2003-04-04 08:13:53 link

Oki, but I got a docs folder under the modules folder in UniverseMetaLS´s folder.
BUt how ever, you said that i should open my popup? What do you mean with that?

Posted by member 7223 on 2003-04-04 11:13:09 link

First, you have to find the line *popup...
Then, open the step.rc (in the theme dir) and check the LoadModule lines. You will see where the modules are stored, and which evar is used for that.
Finally, replace (in the line *popup...) $ModulesDir$ with the evar found...

If the error is in a rc file of the theme (not in your personal dir), drop a mail to his author...

Posted by member 333 on 2003-04-05 05:58:14 link

I meant open the popup.rc (in x:\litestep\personal\)