VWM Problems Thread last updated on 2006-12-28 09:59:34

Posted by member 58843 on 2006-12-26 11:29:28

I just installed Litestep from the installer on this site on my new laptop, and straight out of the box, the Austerity theme's VWM is a bit wonky. Maximized windows follow the the focus to the window to the right, but not left, or you can "chase" them as well. Dragging proves interesting, and windows will randomly disappear/reappear. I'm installing ckvwm on a new theme and coming up with the same problems. Same thing with sysvwm really. I'm hoping there's an easy fix to this becaues I've never run into it before. Thanks for any help!

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-12-26 14:10:52 link

That's a known problem with maximized windows and the XP Luna visual style. You can either ditch the visual style, or try using a version of rabidvwm (1.21i perhaps, don't recall exactly) that has a fix for this bug.

Posted by member 111 on 2006-12-27 01:29:38 link

1.2.1i (with dot!)
and Austerity uses ckVWM by default
so replace
*NetLoadModule ckvwm-1.40

line in \themes\austerity\theme.rc with
*NetLoadModule ckvwm-1.42

and recycle LS (Ctrl+Alt+F1 -> Recycle LS)

Posted by member 58843 on 2006-12-28 09:59:34 link

Hey, thanks a ton guys. Leave it to me to not try to most recent version of a module before posting here. I upgraded to ck-1.42 and it fixed the problem with the windows skipping around.

I still have an issue, though. Clicking on items in the taskbar that are in a different virtual window doesn't work. It doesn't take me to the window and it makes funny disappearance issues happen with the tasks again. I suspect this may be fixable with module properties but I've scoured the doc and tried stuff to no avail. Maybe something with the taskbar module?

I guess I should have specified from the beginning that I'm using WinXP (although you already figured that out) and the excellent Ultimatum theme from this site. I even have the VWM looking and positioned great on the theme, I just need it functioning ok. ;)

Thanks again!