Windows Thread last updated on 2006-12-26 01:12:02

Posted by member 357064 on 2006-12-25 23:29:32

A friend linked this site to me today, and I spent a few hours tonight playing around with Litestep and eventually managed to install it and various themes, however one small (I hope) detail still eludes me, and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere. Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing, and since I don't know the Jargon I'll explain my issue:

Random windows, say.. My Documents, Firefox.. anything, appear with the Windows skin.. It's the same with all themes I've installed, they show everything correctly except the skins on the windows.

I noticed a locked thread basically asking the same thing, so I hope I've not brought up an old and overasked question, and hope that I can get a little assistance, or some pointers of where to look?

Thanks in advance :)

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-12-26 00:32:34 link

Repeat after me - and then RUN, before DeViLbOi gets you:

LiteStep is a SHELL - LiteStep does NOT skin windows.

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-12-26 01:12:02 link

There really needs to be a sticky thread to address this issue, because I know people would like to look for the answer instead of asking the same thing over and over. A good place for this sticky would be, say, at the top of the forum... maybe even right above this one... like the third post in the thread. Failing that, I think you should be able to search inside forums for key words, like "skin windows" and then maybe have the 4th thread with the answer.