Multimonitor boxes? Thread last updated on 2003-04-05 18:24:36

Posted by member 20599 on 2003-04-03 03:34:24

Hi!

I'm looking for a module that would allow displaying boxes also in secondary monitor. Preferably a one that would be also downward compatible with lsbox. Is there a one, or am I just dreamin'?

Posted by member 99 on 2003-04-03 13:18:02 link

pure dreamage. Part of the problem is that lsbox is written in pascal, so not many people can work with its source.

SkinBox can sortof replace lsbox for modules that have lsbox hooks, but you'd lose dragging unless you script it. It's nowhere near downward compatible (or sideways compatible ;), and it's got some parser bugs that make it interpret settings wrong in places.

I think that's the closest there is.

Posted by member 503 on 2003-04-03 21:00:57 link

I know Pascal and I'd be willing to update lsbox if necessary, but I thought blkhawk was still maintaining it.

Posted by member 99 on 2003-04-04 00:47:34 link

Yes, I believe he is. Eh... I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking, or if I did before, but the C modules evolve more rapidly. If it were in C, someone who knows a lot about multimonitor stuff could step in and add that functionality when blkhawk was busy with other things.

I'm not saying that it's bad and evil because it's pascal, mind you. lsbox is brilliant, it's just a little inconvenient.

For example, I can have custom versions of different modules for my multimonitor builds of indiestep, but I'd need to bug blkhawk to get a custom version of lsbox, which I should probably do eventually. It's just that then he'd have to not be busy, and I'd have to have better documentation than if I were doing it myself.

Posted by member 7 on 2003-04-04 01:58:21 link

blkhawk is still working on it. I'm not sure if he knows about the multimon issues though, you should send him an email.

Posted by member 99 on 2003-04-05 18:24:36 link

I would expect he knows about it, considering he's the one who asked for the "switch only one monitor" feature in RabidVWM, but I'll email him about it.