Obsidian v2 desktop area problem Thread last updated on 2006-09-29 06:51:07

Posted by member 335392 on 2006-09-29 06:18:46

Hi, I installed Obsidian v2 from nbi-studio on an OTS2 compliant 0.24.7 running on windows 2000 the other day, and everything seems to work fine as a default setup.

If i enable desktop icons from the popup (with or without explorer mode), i get this ...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40482089/

I can access the right click/shift + left click menu in the area to the left of the white explorer section, and I can right click in the main explorer section. Anywhere past that in the main area in the right, does not accept any input at all. Also, my cpu resources jump to near 100% and the area on the right does not refresh correctly - ie: the area does not update when I move windows over it, then move them away again, the outline of the window and contents remain.

I love the theme, But I'm one of those people that can't live without desktop icons.

immortal over at nbi told me to check the docs for clickonic and email seg which i'm going to do in a minute, but I just thought I'd ask here too.

Anybody got any ideas??

Thanks.

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-09-29 06:41:38 link

That theme sucks. I hear they made it in like 20 minutes.

(j/k :D Weird looking bug. Haven't seen that one before.)

Posted by member 335392 on 2006-09-29 06:51:07 link

I've run out of ideas with it. No problems at all at home on xp pro with the same build and theme (even installed from the same lsz).

I'm going to try a different username next and create a new profile for litestep. See if it does it there.

On the same note, I just downloaded ecystep 1.5 and that does exactly the same as the screenshot above - the difference being that it actually shows me the icons, and it also shows me the desktop explorer banner behind with the same left/right clicking effects being disabled on the right.

The only comparison I can draw, is that they're both loading Clickonic-1.0.4 and jdesk-0.73. Could it be down to a dodgy clickonic/jdesk dll?