Universal Metal Wallpaper Thread last updated on 2006-07-03 04:33:16

Posted by member 332470 on 2006-07-02 18:57:24

Hey, ok I've browsed the forums already and looked at a bunch of documentation, I've even messed around with my config files, but for the life of me I cannot get my current theme to change its wallpaper. I don't know if any of you have used Universal Metal, I think its a great theme, my only problem is, it refuses to let me permenantly change my wallpaper. Yes I used the trick of reinstalling the theme with the setting "Apply Wallpaper" disabled, but thats doesn't help any. I even tried to insert a file that was named exaclty the same as the default wallpaper to try and trick the theme into using my wallpaper, no dice. I've gone through both my Step.rc, and my theme.rc files, the only 2 things that I can find that are obviously related to my wallpaper are these lines.

WallpaperPath "$LsImageFolder$wallpaper\"

; .:[ wallpaper settings ]:.
;===========================================================================

==
WallpaperEnabled false
WallpaperTimeOut 10
WallpaperDisplayMethod stretch
WallpaperSelectMethod random

Now I have gone in and disabled those line (ive done coding in the past) But this does nothing, as soon as I recycle everything goes back to default. I'm really stuck on this one, and I'm asking for some help. Thanx for any help you guys can give me :)

Posted by member 111 on 2006-07-02 19:31:42 link

1) sure you've set LsImageFolder?
execute from lsxcommand
!alert "%LSImageFolder%"
or from the command line
c:\shells\litestep\litestep.exe !alert "%LSImageFolder%"

2) sure you've wallpaper module loaded?
use !about and try to find it in the list of loaded modules...

Posted by member 332470 on 2006-07-02 19:39:15 link

OK, when I used the alert command, I just got a window that came up and said "%LSImageFolder%" thats it

I looked at all my modules, I'm not sure what the wallpaper module would be, perhaps lswchanger-1.1?

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-07-02 21:21:07 link

sega meant $ not % around LSImageFolder.

Yes, lswchanger is a wallpaper module.

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-07-02 22:39:59 link

Did you try just changing your wallpaper from the usual place - in the windows control panel display applet? Or right clicking on a thumbnail image in the explorer file manager and selecting 'set as wallpaper'?

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-07-02 23:54:57 link

That won't solve the problem, though. There's a line in the script applying UM's wall. He needs to comment/remove it (and might aswell stop the module for it loading).

(line 15 of scripts.rc)

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-07-03 00:29:35 link

Ahhh, I thought he'd said he'd done that already, but I guess he just commented out some of the settings.

Posted by member 332470 on 2006-07-03 04:33:16 link

Hey, thanx for all the help, I actually found the line of code that disables the module. I'm still learning what all the modules do, otherwise I probably would have tried that before posting here, but I learned something new so its all good. Again thanx for all the help you guys :)

By the way, I actually comment/removed the line in my theme.rc file that loaded the module lswchanger-1.1, that seems to have fixed it, though I will go into my scripts.rc and check out line 15 too.