Any finished themes out there..... Thread last updated on 2006-07-03 16:14:06

Posted by member 333708 on 2006-07-01 21:47:33

I am a noob at LS, so I am looking at it to replace my boring, unorganzed desktop. I like the product and its functionality, but the themes are all incomplete. I looked for over an hour and I could not find one complete theme that as a noob I could have confidence in. I am not trying to be critical of your creations. I really like the things that have been done. But the crititisms that I seen under the theme comments almost all had merit.

I am looking for a theme, that is as close to completion as possible, that requires no coding or complex installation knowledge. Furthermore, I dont want it to be a windows clone. You know what I mean, one ambigous task bar at the bottom, and drill till you strike program....

Thank you.

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-07-01 21:52:41 link

Posted by member 321598 on 2006-07-01 21:55:00 link

Lets not be mean to noobs. I've personally never download much themes, so I don't know. But what's wrong with the default theme by Omar?

Hmm, I mean you told us what you don't want, but what DO you want?

Posted by member 1949 on 2006-07-02 00:30:51 link

nbi-studio.com
the newb connection!
All themes work or they dont exist!

Posted by member 333708 on 2006-07-02 15:51:06 link

First, I want to thank you guys for responding.

Immortal - thank you for the reference. Ill check it out.

Maoserr - I am looking for a new desktop, that I can implement as an alternative to windows. The problem was all the themes that I read on here had some problem that needed to be corrected or lived with. I dont mind learning, but I dont have 3 weeks to learn this stuff if there is a problem today. I use my system daily, as I am sure the rest of you do as well. I am just looking for a cool alternative that I can trust will work with out being re-worked programatically.

xcal - Sorry but I dont have the skills yet. I will promise you that if I can get LS on my system, I will learn how and will produce something for you to criticize. :)

Guys, please point me to one that you believe is the best and I can start there.

Thanks again and I look forwad to your response

Posted by member 1949 on 2006-07-03 00:06:27 link

I posted links but the admins changed them to old themes
So now you have no links and no post...

Posted by member 333708 on 2006-07-03 16:14:06 link

Thats ok...I went to NBI-studio.com and found a themes that I am fairly confident on.

Plus I successfully loaded litestep on my PC. It works fine when I dont screw with it. Of course ill continue to screw with it though. Thanks for your help all.