Customised Popup Thread last updated on 2006-06-07 13:50:49

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-06-07 12:22:59

Hi,

i'm modding the Glaze theme and i've added some code which uses the ByeWindows-0.4 and Timer-0.5 modules to make a custom shutdown screen. I basically used the code from the Obsidian theme and changed the graphics.

The thing is that in the Obsidian theme, the author made his own start menu so it was easy for him to point the shutdown labels in the start menu to the correct scripts which opened up the customised shutdown panels.

I want to do the same as in the Obsidian theme but i've found that i'll need to include a custom popup menu instead of the default one so that when a user clicks on shutdown, restart or logoff, it shows the custom shutdown panel i have included with the theme. I can't figure out how to do this however.

The popup menu which is included in the popup.rc file in the personal folder of LS is the only one which i can get to work. How can i get the popup menu to point to my included popup?

I also thought that when the theme is installed i could alter the code of the popup menu which already exists on the users version of LS but since it is customisable, it may not work properly.

Can anyone help me or suggest another way to go about it? At the moment i just have 3 labels on my desktop for shutting down, restarting or logging off but i'd rather these options were in the popup menu.

Cheers

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-06-07 12:53:46 link

p.s i'm using popup2-2.1.1

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-06-07 13:28:28 link

How can i get the popup menu to point to my included popup?

*Popup "some title" !New !SomeName
;content
;content
;etc
*Popup ~New

Call that with !SomeName.

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-06-07 13:30:57 link

and !SomeName is the name of my included popupfile? my popup file is called popupblackgold.rc

e.g.

*Popup "some title" !New !popupblackgold.rc

is that correct?

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-06-07 13:34:54 link

wait a minute. i get it.

*Popup "some title" !New !blackgold

and when i want to call the popup i use this on the button...

!blackgold instead of !Popup

Ok, i understand now.

how about when you right-click on the desktop? how do i change it so that it calls the same popup then too?

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-06-07 13:41:16 link

You're not supposed to - that's a personal setting. To change it for yourself, check in your personal.rc for the jdesk right click command.

(It can be changed for others with very minor scripting, but I personally don't want my right click menu changed by someone's theme. :P )

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-06-07 13:50:49 link

ok. If it is a personal setting i'll leave it. i don't want to be changing other peoples code when the theme installs.

I'll maybe leave the buttons on the desktop for other people to use if they want and put some bangs into the theme setup popup to remove them if they don't want to use them.

Thanks a lot for your help xcal. It was really simple to fix but i just couldn't figure it out.

Cheers