newbie is blown away Thread last updated on 2006-06-22 13:38:03

Posted by member 326697 on 2006-05-24 08:11:31

when i found litestep, having never heard of it aside from its mention on the Rainlendar site (been using Rainy's since i can remember..), i was really excited about the breath of fresh air, which couldn't have come at a more perfect time... i was starting to get really bored w/ my daily routine. it's like, you get so sick of looking at the same basic desktop over and over, you find yourself kicking around in the folders, looking for something to do (it's what i do at least), which sometimes develops into something productive, but generally it's a waste of time. Enter litestep.
Very excited about the newness of Litestep, i'm not really sure what to do next. Right now, i'm still just trying to settle on a theme i like (an endless pursuit , i'm going to guess, for there are So Many!) At first, i was disappointed at what i d/l-- it's like i selected a handful of themes that are just the opposite of my tastes, and i shamefully wrote that i was unhappy w/ some of them. let me tell you that i spoke WAY too soon on that. i took some time last night and went through many more of them. i am thorougly amazed! some of these are just 'too much' (a good 'too much') Obsidion? i mean-- that's just sick-- this is a house of sick! even this web site-- the way you've presented everything, showcasing the artists in the profiles, the themes gallery, etc., -- it makes it really easy for a newb such as myself to get a good feel for what's going on relatively easily.

mad props for all of you!

Posted by member 166605 on 2006-06-07 00:00:25 link

Most are poorly done and are made for the creater's computer, but there are a few gems. (not that I could do better) If you're interested in a certail look I could recommend a theme or two.

Also, are you saying Obsidian is a bad theme :?

Posted by member 148416 on 2006-06-07 09:18:18 link

Sick can be a good thing. But perhaps too much of that thing that is good?

Posted by member 331757 on 2006-06-21 18:36:24 link

I've just downloaded litestep as well, and I really like the singularity theme myself

Posted by member 326697 on 2006-06-22 08:06:57 link

hey there-- that's sick as in "That was some sick 'computer animation' in Pixar's newest production..."
or, "Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Jimi Page are all sick guitarists in their own right!.."
probably comes from ... "man, you make me sick!" when li'l Billy was shocked at li'l Johnny's skill, prowess, and natural talent-- knowing that he is unable to produce such an outstanding work as Johnny's, Billy is made 'sick', while Johnny earns the implied title as the 'sick artist'.

Posted by member 1885 on 2006-06-22 10:36:57 link

What an interesting analysis. I have to object against the guitar player example though, since Jimmy Page isn't, unlike the other two, 'sick' in a positive sense. :P

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-06-22 13:38:03 link

You saying Page isn't a good guitar player?