'Shortcut' keyword - what does it do? Thread last updated on 2006-04-29 00:29:41

Posted by member 320276 on 2006-04-28 16:19:57

I'm having trouble figuring the meaning of this line

*Shortcut "" $x$ $y$ vwm_border.png .none .none #0K$z$

It seems to be creating the VWM display (am using rabidvwm-1.2.2) I've been working on the theme with this line commented out, but am now unable to get a border drawn around the VWM display, its reference to the graphic i need is why i'm trying to figure the line.

the entire panel with all the desktops appears to float over the background with a transparent border, the border graphic is not refered to anywhere else in the code besides the above *Shortcut line

having trouble finding the keyword in radibvwm doc's

so my questions are
a) what does the line mean? which modules operates on the line?
b) any pointers towards getting the border drawn around the VWM display?

thanks

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-28 18:36:12 link

That appears to be a line using another module (shortcut, shortcut2, or something like that) to just add the graphic. It's not part of rabidvwm, so it won't appear in the docs. You need to read the docs for shortcut2 instead, assuming that's the module that was intended there.

Posted by member 1949 on 2006-04-28 18:38:05 link

It appears that line is only to show a specific graphic possibly under the VWM!

That line is actually the Shortcut2.dll Module and not the VWM at all...

Hope that ends the confusion!

Edit: Dam I got second place!

Posted by member 320276 on 2006-04-28 20:07:54 link

thanks for clearing that up

is there any way to get a bevelled border around a rabidvwm VWM display besides putting it in a label? the original author must have done that way for a reason...

Posted by member 1949 on 2006-04-28 21:44:18 link

Sub-Elements
...Color
element fill color

...BorderColor
element border color, only used if bevel is not set or to automatically calculate bevel colors from

...LightColor
element border highlight color

...DarkColor
element border shadow color

...Bevel []
whether or not to draw 3D "bevels" around this element (VWMBevel turns this on for miniwindows), and optionally the amount to lighten/darken the border color to produce the highlight and shadow colors if they are not given

...Alpha
element alpha transparency level

Posted by member 320276 on 2006-04-29 00:29:41 link

thanks for the info, i am reluctant to push this issue further in case of wasting space and time, but i'll give it one last shot...
i have (believe it or not) read the pasted in rabidvwm docs and i've been unable to get my answer from it for these reasons

-i can't figure the subelement name to fill into the "...Bevel" construct (i'd imagine that VWNBevel would point to this overall border instead of the miniwindow subelement)

-maybe i'm wrong but it seems that since the original author used such a round about method of drawing a border (*Shortcut... to display a graphic of a border) that the rabidvwm module doesn't support such border drawing, especially since it's docs don't explictly refer to such a border