How to reassign correct module .dll? Thread last updated on 2006-04-19 15:59:21

Posted by member 234336 on 2006-04-19 13:01:07

Hey guys,
I'm working on Chameleon right now and was getting a bunch of error messages. I fixed most and changed the theme.rc to load the new lua module (.5). However I think I pointed it to the wrong .dll. I downloaded the zip on another computer and transferred to my laptop, unzipped it to Modules and used the "Select File" to seledt the .dll. However I selected lua51.dll instead of lslua.dll. The theme is screwed now and I can't figure out how to point it to the correct .dll.

I did use the search function in both the themes and modules forum but didn't turn anything up. Thanks for the help.

Posted by member 37809 on 2006-04-19 13:16:36 link

NetLoadModule stores that in an ini file.

You could avoid the dialog by telling NLM which dll to load.

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-19 14:00:53 link

The netloadmodule line for lua should say ($scriptmodule$ specifies version info):

*NetLoadModule $scriptModule$ load lslua.dll

But yes, in the meantime, you can fix that by editing NetLoadModule.ini (in your Litestep\NLM folder) and changing the line for lslua-0.5 to look like this:

lslua-0.5=$litestepdir$modules\lslua-0.5\lslua.dll

Posted by member 234336 on 2006-04-19 14:49:28 link

K, thanks guys that's exactly what I was looking for. Now the calendar's "borked" as you would say. I've edited the theme.rc to grab rainlendar.dll, which is the updated rainlendar .22.1. It is showing a gray box with no styling and the dates are only showing on two of the right columns. The edit menus all pop up, but it's not pulling in the default Chameleon style.

Also, I switched on Alpha fading from the theme options menu and theme options are no longer avlbl using middle click on "?". I edited themesettings.rc, alpha fading to false, recycled and still had alpha fading.

Boreas, this is a really good looking theme and lots of hard work went into it. You did a great job and I don't envy the work you put into the lua files.

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-19 15:30:18 link

Try re-applying the color settings (.3dc file) and recycling once and see if the calendar picks up the style properly. Is this the version that uses xtextedit (!Xtextreplace), or the update that uses the built-in lua text editing functions (textedit.replace)? I think you probably have the XtextEdit version. Are there any error messages regarding the text replacement for the rainlendar skin files?

As far as the alpha fading goes, there's something "funny" with xlabel that keeps those theme options from showing up. I ended up having to disable alpha fadng for that label group. The settings now look like this:

ConfigGroupAlphaFade false
ConfigGroupStartHidden false
ConfigbarStartHidden true

I should probably finish up version 1.2 and release it, as many of these little glitches are taken care of (or have workarounds) now.

Posted by member 234336 on 2006-04-19 15:40:17 link

I was using the updated (v1.1). I'm glad you brought up the .3dc color setting option. I have yet to get that to work. I try the run3dc option from the theme options and try to load a scheme, but get a Windows error message that it doesn't recognize the file type. I looked through the help file, but it doesn't really address what the issue might be. I tried reapplying the color settings and the theme is now XPsilver, not the selected theme style, ie. moontree or treefrog. The error I'm getting is a Windows Scrip Host error basically saying the system file cannot find the file specified. The Run3dc option is not operational as far as I can tell, does nothing when selected.

You are one heck of a themer Bor and I appreciate your help and effort on this.

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-19 15:44:16 link

The .3dc files are color settings for another application - 3D color changer 3000. If you don't have that installed, then the color settings are not going to work - at least not those. It'll still use whatever system colors you have assigned when you select "apply colors to theme", but I don't know how good they'll look. =)

That app (freeware) is available here, among other places (as always, scan for viruses):

http://www.softlookup.com/display.asp?id=25953

Posted by member 234336 on 2006-04-19 15:48:59 link

aaaah, that would explain it. I'll DL and give it a shot. Do many other themes use that app?

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-19 15:54:32 link

Some of Big Daddy/Paul Hale's themes use it - that's how I first got into the idea actually. Many of the BB4Win guys use them in conjunction with their style files, so you can find some nice ones out there if you look. Better colors than the ones I made, certainly. =P

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-04-19 15:56:16 link

The download link wouldn't work for me, but, I did win a free pink cel phone! I just have to click a link to claim my prize!

Posted by member 234336 on 2006-04-19 15:59:21 link

I clicked it, but damn if the corporate firewall didn't stop it. I couldn't find that program "here". Also looked at ls-themes.org. I can check it again when I get to the house.