Popsicle Thread last updated on 2006-04-21 14:00:04

Posted by member 316999 on 2006-04-19 00:59:38

OK, so I use the theme popsicle. I like it, but what would make it perfect is if I could replace the CPU and RAM meter in the corner with the Desktops floater. I don't know how to do that. Do any of you know of a theme that has something like that, or I don't suppose anyone has done that and can send me the code for it?

Posted by member 1885 on 2006-04-20 08:47:27 link

Here's a little hint: the VWM is hooked to a label called pager (see floater-pager.rc). The CPU/RAM meter is hooked to a label called mainpanel (see xlabel.rc). What you need to do is replace the CPU/RAM meter with the VWM, i.e. hook rabidvwm to the mainpanel label instead of the meter. How to go about it... well, I suggest you read some docs on LiteStep configuration. Be warned though, popsicle might not be easy to modify; if you put the VWM on the main panel you're going to have to edit a lot of other things as well, for example VWM size/layout and taskbar width. I won't "send you the code" for it because... well, had I wanted the theme to have the VWM on the panel I would have put it there in the first place. Try to figure it out yourself instead, it'll be much more rewarding in the end. :)

Posted by member 316999 on 2006-04-20 18:59:55 link

Thank you very much! And yes, I know it will be more "rewarding" if I figure it out by myself, but I needed SOMETHING to go on. Can't just lay into it with NO freaking idea of what I'm doing. Thanks again.

Posted by member 316999 on 2006-04-21 13:35:10 link

OK, so I have some questions. I think most of them would be answered if you could give me a link or something that would explain what all these statements mean.
floaterwidth 256
floaterheight 80
floatersolidbevelsize 1
floaterdropshadow $dropshadows$
floateralphatransparency $transparency$
floateralphafade $alphafade$
floatercustomalphafade 10 12
floatermoveable true
floatermovemodifierkey .none
floatersnapto 16 alllabels

floatercaptionsolidbevelsize 1

floaterbuttony 1
floaterbuttonwidth 16
floaterbuttonheight 16
floaterbuttonfont Marlett
floaterbuttonfontheight 10
floaterbuttonsolidbevelsize 1 1 0 1

floaterbottomsolidbevelsize 0 0 1 0

Now some of them are pretty obvious like floaterbuttonfontheigh/width/font and even the floateralphatransparency, but what is floaterbottomsolidbevelsize and how do you read "0 0 1 0"? floatercaptionsolidbevelsize? Is there a list of those statements or something? And then, when I tried to personalize popsicle, for instance "PopupFolderHoverOpen true" nothing would happen when I would change it to "false" so that I would have to click the popup menu to have it show. I saved the personal.rc and refreshed litestep.

Conrad

Posted by member 1885 on 2006-04-21 14:00:04 link

Um, I'm in kind of a hurry now so I can't give you any detailed tips. See the xlabel docs for explanations of the settings. A word of warning though: if you edit any of the above stuff you'll end up changing the settings for all floaters since those are label groups! If that's not what you want -- if you're looking for a particular floater setting -- you should check out the floater-[name].rc files instead.