Penumbra or Chameleon will not apply sytem colors Thread last updated on 2006-04-14 12:13:53

Posted by member 49131 on 2006-04-13 09:38:11

I should ask this when chameloen came out but i just got lazy and went to another theme.

When I click on apply colors to theme I get white and blue(my wblinds skin str8 up gay hot pink lol). Also I get "error quitting module" and another error but thats because I don't have easymove module right now.

Also .3dc files that come with the theme ask me what program do i want to open them with, would it be litestep? Cause I see .exe in the theme folder.

Thx in advance

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-13 11:27:03 link

Chameleon reads your system colors from the registry and will then apply them to your theme, so that your windows and the theme "match" in color (hence the name...). If you're using Windowblinds, then your system colors and your window "Style" aren't as closely related anymore.

Easymove.dll seems to cause problems, perhaps due to the mouse hooking. I've made it an optional feature now. If you don't even have that module then that's probably not the cause of your first error though. Which module is it - does it say? I know sometimes xpopup freaks out on a reload/recycle, perhaps due to the dynamic evars?

3DCC files (.3dc) are used by Jasmin CO.'s 3D Color Changer 3000. It's a nice little GUI app for editing, applying and saving sets of windows system colors. If you don't have it installed, then it's not going to work right. You don't *have* to use 3DCC, as the theme will pick up your system colors no matter how they are set. It's just an easier way to manage and tweak them, and there are lots of nice settings out there since the BB4Win guys use them a lot.

I think most of these things are described in the theme readme and/or the themevars.rc file, both of which you should have seen at the first startup. I guess I need to release Chameleon-1.2 to clean up a few of these issues and to clarify "how things fit together"; what's optional, not included but freely available, etc.

HTH

EDIT: Oh, and the same things apply to Penumbra. It's like Chameleon only without any scripting - just xmodules, *aliases, and !executes.

Posted by member 49131 on 2006-04-14 10:27:16 link

thx for info, so I guess I would have to unload wblinds, configure my system in display properties I guess, oh well.

Posted by member 1 on 2006-04-14 12:13:53 link

There is a setting in WB to get those set but some WB Theme developers don't bother in setting them. You can click on Advanced on the Appearance Tab and set the colors.