Easymove-1.3 and Litestep errors when switching themes Thread last updated on 2006-04-08 20:24:58

Posted by member 317656 on 2006-04-05 03:25:59

I just downloaded litestep and wanted to try different themes, but ran into a few problems. The default theme works well but with all others I've tried (Chameleon, FLB Dynamic and Penumbra) give me a series of errors. The first is a Litestep error that goes:

"Variable round(5*vwmHeight/4) not defined"

which appears a few times, followed by an error from "C:LiteStep\modules\easymove-1.3\kmhook.dll" which reads:

"Could not find InitModuleEx()"

I installed these themes by the book with the theme installer. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-04-05 04:01:19 link

round(#) is part of the new math functions. To get rid of that error, update to the newest experimental build of Litestep. You can find it in the downloads section at http://lsdev.org/ . It's totally stable, so don't let the "experimental" part worry you.

Not sure about the easymove thing... Boreas might know, if updating the build doesn't fix it.

Btw, you shouldn't be getting that error in FBL Dynamic 1.7. That theme doesn't use any of the new math stuff, or easymove.

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-05 09:01:54 link

There may be an MS runtime DLL that you need in order to get easymove.dll to work. OTOH, I've had some problems with easymove causing crashes on recycle, presumably due to the mouse hooking, although I don't know for sure. I've changed things so that the module isn't loaded at startup, but can be loaded on demand (hotkey or on-screen toggle). I'd just comment out the NetLoadModule line for that module right now, pending a permanent solution (which might be "don't use it!"). The module isn't really an integral part of the theme, it's just a utility that I've found handy when working with certain programs that insist on positioning windows where you can't get at the titlebars.

As far as the math errors go, what xcal said. That's why I say you need to use a new build with those themes (penumbra, chameleon). =)

Posted by member 31 on 2006-04-07 18:47:11 link

ehh, don't tell a n3wb to use an experimental build and point them to it. yeesh. If they don't know how to resolve something like that on your own, then they simply shouldn't use the theme. Expecting them to deal with issues that may result from experimental code isn't a good idea (regardless of how stable it may be perceived).

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-04-08 00:42:06 link

Taking down computers, one newb at a time. ™

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-04-08 18:54:34 link

Actually, it was an issue that resulted from them *not* using the experimental code. If they'd been using the new stuff, they never would have seen that error! =)

Plus, I never really expected anyone to use one of *my* themes. =P

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-04-08 20:24:58 link

Irony.

And of course people are going to use your themes... that weather stuff rocks, plus, it's a great bar theme.