a few questions Thread last updated on 2006-03-07 00:06:22

Posted by member 310844 on 2006-03-06 17:36:59

Ive had litestep for 4 days now and I really like it. I have a few questions though concerning themes. A few of the themes Ive downloaded tell me they cant find a module even though I know its in the module folder. Ive tried deleting the module in the folder and downloading it again and it does not fix the problem. Can anyone tell me why there doing this and how can I fix it? Im also looking for some documentation so I can start making my own themes and fixing the ones I download that have bugs(at least half of them I download have some kind of problem). One last question about the modules. Ive downloaded 20+ themes in the past few days and I have a shitload of modules now. I didnt keep a lot of these themes because I couldnt get them to work correctly or there font was like a size 5 and I couldnt change it. So Im wondering how do I identify what modules I need and which ones are just wasting space on my hard drive. Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-03-07 00:06:22 link

Some modules require a specific MS runtime DLL - if you don't have this on your system they'll complain about not being "found", even if they are there. There are other potential causes, but that sounds like the most likely one.

As far as cleaning out old modules is concerned, NetLoadModule makes this pretty easy. Just blow away pretty much everything in your Modules folder, unless you're using it with your current theme. When you recycle or load a new theme, any missing modules will be DL'ed and reinstalled. Think of it as an NLM enema.