Theme problems Thread last updated on 2006-02-26 23:20:01

Posted by member 309087 on 2006-02-26 21:56:55

I recently downloaded a new theme (ZeroBox_ended_1365_628) and I'm having a bit of trouble.

After installing the theme, two seperate error messages came up saying that "C:\LiteStep\profiles\Steven" can't be found (this is because my profile is "Steven Barnett", not "Steven").

After giving these messages, the theme loaded only I can't access any menus (and therefore I can't change the theme to something else). The only feature of the theme that's currently working is my desktop, so I can still run programs and such. I tried restarting and it just rebooted to this theme (again giving me the two errors).

Does anyone know how I could fix this or at least change to a different theme?

-- EDIT --

Nevermind, everyone ^^ I found the file that tells litestep which theme you're using ("$ThemeDir$Themeselect.rc" or whatever is was) so I changed which theme I was using manually and restarted litestep. Now that I've got that fixed I'll try to find out what was wrong with my theme.

Posted by member 1 on 2006-02-26 23:12:23 link

Yup...sounds like the theme dev didn't account for usernames with spaces. Just go find all of the lines that reference the profile folder and put everything in quotes. Happy hunting!

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-02-26 23:20:01 link

Agent Ransack is great for that - regular expressions for patterns and filenames, with a decent GUI. It's good to hunt with the right equipment.