Only Desktop image appearing!:( Thread last updated on 2006-02-15 13:51:26

Posted by member 306296 on 2006-02-15 10:14:28

hi
Brand stinking new to Litestep, very interested in it.

-DL'ed litestep 24.7 to my home pc
-DL'ed Logic.Dream.lsz

-Installed litestep, all good.
-Stayed in windows (for familiarity)
-double clicked on Logic.dream, got an error message about various files being required (they were listed -LSColour, XTray, XLabel, etc)
-Now, i do NOT have a net connection (am in work now)
-Clicked DL anyhoo, cos lead me to believe I could and things would be ok (Yes I know, v. stupid of me)
-PC rebooted,
However, all I have now is my WINDOWS Desktop image, and NO task bar (LS or Win), no rightclick menu, no icons of anykind! nothing.
-Literally, just an image on the screen. (v.nice image btw, check out Artgerm over at DeviantArt.com)
-Only thing that works is CTRL-ALT-DEL to get the task manager.
-However, Win shell does not appear in processes, only litestep, but the desktop is definately my image from Windows.

thus:
is there a key-combo i can press during boot to reset to Win shell?
or am i screwed, and must reinstall windows? :"(

many thanks
NGEC

Posted by member 306296 on 2006-02-15 10:51:53 link

ah.
before DevilBoi can inhale his breath for another rant (;) i have just found Lullaby's post/

/so am gonna try the tak manager when i get home.
still, though, is there a key combo as mentioned above?

many thanks,
oh and nice work Fractaldesign!

NGEC

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-02-15 13:51:26 link

You can use the taskmanager to get to the Litestep shortcut folder, which contains Set Shell shortcuts. Also, there is a default theme shortcut in the Litestep directory.

If the computer has no net connection, download the necessary module zips (usually evident in the theme's theme.rc) and put them in the \modules\archives folder, still zipped.