Posted by member 213786 on 2006-02-12 20:53:51
Truth be told, I haven't been able to port over AfterHack because I can no longer find the theme anywhere. Instead, I downloaded the XPM's from the classic Afterstep kit and converted them to png's.
Unfortunately, for some reason I can't make linux-penguin.png transparent properly now, if I make the bg purple for transparent it does one of two things, depending on my method of use.
1. The transparent area behind tux goes beyond transparent to the folder picture, and instead is transparent all the way down to the wallpaper.
2. a purple border is shown around tux, I believe this is just a slight photohopping error but I was lazy.
My solution to the problems was to paste tux over the ASBBlockDefault.png I made, (The default Wharf block image) and the results have been fair.
I managed to convert the menu's somewhat well as well, using screenshots from a google image search.
My problem is now this, I still lack certain things I need to complete these two themes, more afterhack than Default, default is relatively done I think.
1. I could really use the old Wharf modules, the one in particular I need most is the LSCPU.dll that was used with the old afterhack to show the processor usage.
2. If anyone could provide to me the original themes, I'd greatly appreciate that.
3. For my own use I'd definitely like all the old wharf modules of old.
If anyone could provide me information, files, or help, I'd greatly appreciate it.