AfterHack / Tin_Omen LS 0.24 Default themes Thread last updated on 2006-02-13 16:43:10

Posted by member 213786 on 2006-02-12 20:53:51

I've been busy the past two nights porting over Tin_Omens default litestep theme, and what I think was called AfterHack for LS 0.24.0

Truth be told, I haven't been able to port over AfterHack because I can no longer find the theme anywhere. Instead, I downloaded the XPM's from the classic Afterstep kit and converted them to png's.

Unfortunately, for some reason I can't make linux-penguin.png transparent properly now, if I make the bg purple for transparent it does one of two things, depending on my method of use.

1. The transparent area behind tux goes beyond transparent to the folder picture, and instead is transparent all the way down to the wallpaper.

2. a purple border is shown around tux, I believe this is just a slight photohopping error but I was lazy.

My solution to the problems was to paste tux over the ASBBlockDefault.png I made, (The default Wharf block image) and the results have been fair.

I managed to convert the menu's somewhat well as well, using screenshots from a google image search.

My problem is now this, I still lack certain things I need to complete these two themes, more afterhack than Default, default is relatively done I think.

1. I could really use the old Wharf modules, the one in particular I need most is the LSCPU.dll that was used with the old afterhack to show the processor usage.

2. If anyone could provide to me the original themes, I'd greatly appreciate that.

3. For my own use I'd definitely like all the old wharf modules of old.

If anyone could provide me information, files, or help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

AIM: Auritribe
email: Auritribe@gmail.com

Thank you.

Posted by member 1 on 2006-02-12 23:01:11 link

The LS theme is still on tin's site. Also...I think someone already ported it over and made it available here.

Posted by member 213786 on 2006-02-12 23:38:44 link

I looked for the port here before, and I couldn't find it. The closest thing I found to the theme itself was 'Tin Omen Litestep theme v2' somewhere. I used that for resources for porting this one.

I'd definitely appreciate a more complete port that wasn't as garbaged up as my rush job is, I basically did modifications of the one wharf theme I saw on this site which was ff.yuna.

I love wharf themes in general and I barely see any here now. If you could provide a link to the Tin Omen theme on here I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted by member 1 on 2006-02-13 04:53:25 link

Link

Pretty sure that is it. If not... DTO'it

Posted by member 31 on 2006-02-13 12:28:36 link

you can find lscpu.dll and other plugins that came in the orginal release at: lsdev.org.

Posted by member 213786 on 2006-02-13 16:43:10 link

Awesome, thanks.