New to Lite-Step and needing help Thread last updated on 2006-01-31 06:19:38

Posted by member 302889 on 2006-01-30 19:39:34

Hi,

i hope i have put this post in the right place.

i have installed litestep and the non-step theme. I really like the idea of litestep but am finding modding it to be a bit hard to do.

i know that there are things you can alter in themevars but i am not sure whether they are theme specific.

i have already changed a couple of basic things such as the LC and RC actions for the net, file and txt buttons but wondered if people could help me with some other things.

is it possible to change the text that shows up on the net, file and text buttons? if so where do i change the code?

can i make the txt button just a square block with no use and no text and also make sure it won't react like a button when i put my mouse over it?

how do i change the position of my taskbar from the top to the bottom? (old windows habits die hard!)

is it possible to move the icons on the desktop? currently they are stuck to the desktop and i'd like to catgorise them a bit. i'd also like them to be arranged neatly though like they currently are in rows and columns.

thats all for the moment.

if there is documentation on all of this, please just point me in the right direction. Otherwise your help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Posted by member 12025 on 2006-01-31 06:19:38 link

i know that there are things you can alter in themevars but i am not sure whether they are theme specific.

Yes, they are. That's why its under the theme.

is it possible to move the icons on the desktop? currently they are stuck to the desktop and i'd like to catgorise them a bit. i'd also like them to be arranged neatly though like they currently are in rows and columns.

My guess is you'll need to change the desktop module from whatever it is now to xDesktop.

http://wiki.litestep.com