General Questions about Litestep Thread last updated on 2006-01-24 22:11:35

Posted by member 301243 on 2006-01-24 00:28:16

Hello I'm a new user that's basically a real geek, and I want my computer to look really cool, basically. However I found in several of these what i nicknamed leeches (since I don't know what Litestep or others really are) are actually quite helpful to smooth out some annoyances of my computer. For example, the start menu is quite functional and logical but I don't need half those buttons.

Anyway, on with questions. Could someone help me install this? I've had a negative experience with the 'leeches', tried getting DesktopX and it bugged all my media players for some reason, so that my computer shuts down when i try to run Winamp or windows media player. It also caused strange windows to pop up, like Program Files in explorer, on turn-on. I don't want to install this the wrong way. I downloaded the 'LiteStep_Installer_omar_3.0.2_1-79' file from Downloads... do I just run that setup file?

And more questions about Litestep. Does it actually allow you to create your own look? or is that another program necessary, is that the LiteStep builder file I need to download? Is it foolproof, as to say if I make a mistake it won't crash my laptop?

Posted by member 1 on 2006-01-24 01:24:49 link

eeeeeeeeeeediots! To help with those "leeches" I would recommend salt.

Given some of your questions here I can tell you that you are not ready for what LiteStep will bring you. Please read the sticky forums posts on "LiteStep might not be for you if ..." and "what is litestep?"

Posted by member 212670 on 2006-01-24 01:45:09 link

That was way too polite. You must be in a good mood today. :D

Posted by member 1 on 2006-01-24 02:22:17 link

Actually...I'm half asleep at work. 4 more hours to go in my 12 hour shift. And if it weren't for a good fight with my ex a little earlier I may have been a little more brutal. Got all the anger out though.

Posted by member 301243 on 2006-01-24 16:44:28 link

LOL... by the 'litestep might not be for you' sticky.. I fit all of them. wa wa waaaa.... maybe after finals week I'll read all this stuff. Thanks for not flaming me like the damn DesktopX forums... all i asked was what it was >_

Posted by member 248213 on 2006-01-24 22:11:35 link

"real geek"

Dunno, most geeks I know (including these LS freaks) tend to look shit up before acting like a n00b and directly asking.

DesktopX forums sound great :p