xlabel and behindwindow Thread last updated on 2006-01-16 03:03:54

Posted by member 134680 on 2006-01-15 08:21:51

Hi, trying to make an xlabel stay at the bottom of everything else... couldnt find a way to do it at all.
so instead im going to try get it to stay behind a certain classname-window with behindwindow (shortcut2, in this instance).
used winspy to get proper classnames. Put it into the xlabel and... nothing. Still sits its ugly ass infront of my shortcuts.
I dont want to switch THESE particular shortcuts to xlabel due to a cool effect I got going that only shortcut2 will do.
Someont tell me what im doing wrong with behindwindow?

xp sp1 pro
xlabel latest
shortcut2 latest

Posted by member 124072 on 2006-01-15 09:43:02 link

at the bottom of everything else...you mean have everything else go over it? make sure alwaysontop isnt true for the label, and if you want the label to be under everything it should be made first, so you should put it first in your .rc file, and have it load first in your theme.rc include lines.

Posted by member 12025 on 2006-01-16 03:03:54 link

As for using BehindWindow, first, test it with labels only.
Second, the order of creation matters. I don't recall which needs to be created first (the under part, or the over one), but it matters when creating labels via the RC files.

One thing I've found that makes it easy is to hide and show the thing above and the label below. That usually gets the order right after-the-fact.