MS Keyboard and AnyKey Thread last updated on 2006-01-05 11:35:44

Posted by member 294141 on 2005-12-24 16:36:33

Hi,
i have a problem with my Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard. if i use the MS IntelliType Driver/Software the Volume Controle don't work... ok i tryed Anykey... the volume control work with hotkeys and media 10 Other keys can i use with that. But the Favorite Keys or the alternativ keys that placed on the F-Keys don't work. Scankey don't tell me a VK for them...

How can i make those 18 Keys make work under Anykey.. or how can i make the Volume Controlle form IntellyType work with litestep?

Posted by member 267050 on 2005-12-28 03:43:52 link

Ho !
I've got exactly the same problem:

I have a microsoft natural multimedia keyboard, (this thing) and I used a lot the special keys for sound and volume.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with litestep: I see the volume bar popping on the screen or the color changing telling it's muted, but no changes.

I use the last drivers intellipoint from Microsoft (if i remove it, it doesn't work even with windows shell), and i've tested another keyboard (an old natural keyboard with also the mute button) = same thing.

Any idea to solve this?
Are microsoft dumb enough to link the drivers of their keyboard to their own shell?

Well, there is an answer there: http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=4&action=view&catId=3&id=4954&hl=

but i don't understand how to find the vkcode of all keys...

Posted by member 212670 on 2005-12-28 04:30:47 link

Zhok: In your case, you're right. Scankey won't pick up on those Favorite keys, but it's easy to get around. Just set the key's path to

C:\LiteStep\litestep.exe !bangcommand

(No quotes, except for !bang arguments. Adjust your path to litestep.exe if necessary.)

Example:
C:\LiteStep\litestep.exe !alert "this works"

Posted by member 294141 on 2005-12-28 07:00:01 link

Mmmh this way i could put volume up, down and mute on the favorite keys ... that would work...

but a way to let litestep work with IntellyType *the volume controll* knows no one?

Posted by member 253338 on 2006-01-05 11:35:44 link

If you say "Press Any Key" I'll smack you. :p

Napalm: They have been dumb enough to do that with a graphical user interface, before. And currently (this is on XP) any errors in IE which I have seen crash the entire system.

Gotta love their idea of modular programming. =/