LSlua Path problem Thread last updated on 2005-11-10 22:06:46

Posted by member 93741 on 2005-11-09 22:16:18

For some reason, I can't get LSLua to load my script in correctly. When I tell it to look into this path:

C:\LiteStep\themes\Lock.Solid-0.2\config\lua\

I get an error saying that:

C:\iteStep\themes\Lock.Solid-0.2\config\lua\... was not found.
(Notice the missing L in Litestep)

But if I change it to:

C:\LLiteStep\themes\Lock.Solid-0.2\config\lua\

I get this error:

C:\LLiteStep\themes\Lock.Solid-0.2\config\lua\... was not found.
(Notice the L is no longer missing)

Is there something I am missing about how LSlua parses it's paths? Like some escape sequence or something?

Thanks,
Artemis Ex

Posted by member 248213 on 2005-11-09 23:19:01 link

tried "$ConfigDir$lua\" ???

I think you are missing quotes.. although there is no spaces in the path... so it shouldnt matter...

Posted by member 12025 on 2005-11-10 03:52:56 link

How are you telling it to look there? As in, copy and past some config text. "$LuaDir$" should be enough...

Posted by member 93741 on 2005-11-10 17:34:33 link

Ok, here's the relevant code:

In lua.rc:
LuaDir "$ConfigDir$lua\"
*LuaFile "$luaDir$lua.lua"

In theme.rc:
include "$ConfigDir$lua.rc"
*NetLoadModule lslua-0.4.3.1 load lslua.dll "" LUA Scripting

Let me know if there's anything else that you need.

Thanks

Posted by member 93741 on 2005-11-10 17:46:00 link

I guess I'll clarify that the code I posted was the original code giving me the "C:\iteStep\themes\Lock.Solid-0.2\config\lua\... was not found." error. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the $ConfigDir$ variable, so I typed the whole path out (as I did in my first post) and got the same problem.

So, the code I just posted, when run, gives me the
"C:\iteStep\themes\Lock.Solid-0.2\config\lua\lua.lua was not found."
error. (With the strange missing L).

Posted by member 5575 on 2005-11-10 18:33:00 link

Well, configdir is probably defined with a trailing slash "\\\", whereas your LuaDir is not (at least not as posted here). It ought to be

LuaDir "$ConfigDir$lua\\\"

unless I'm mistaken. Update: Apparently the forum eats single backslashes, so mine didn't appear originally either. So maybe that isn't the problem. =)

For your *NetLoadModule line, if that stuff on the end ("" LUA scripting) is a comment, it needs to be separated from the actual command by a ";" - the LS comment character. Otherwise, well, I dunno what it might screw up.

Posted by member 93741 on 2005-11-10 21:50:13 link

Yeah, I thought that extra stuff on the end was somewhat weird too - but I'm working with someone else's theme and that's how they did it. It doesn't appear to be causing any problems - I get the same error without it.

Concerning the backslash, yeah, I have one there, it must have just been eaten. The problem I still end up getting is that missing L after the "C:\".

Posted by member 93741 on 2005-11-10 22:06:46 link

I may just reinstall Litestep - the same theme seems to run fine on my other computer. Perhaps something in the Litestep config got a little messed up.