xDesktop "cannot find desktop windows". Thread last updated on 2005-11-08 23:26:27

Posted by member 282571 on 2005-11-08 15:48:52

Hey Everyone,

I just installed/switched my first module for LiteStep which was relatively easy. However, there is a residual bug.

Preliminaries
(default theme Austerity)

In the "theme.rc" file, I commented out the "*NetLoadModule jdesk..." and inserted the following:

*NetLoadModule xdesktop-1.7.6
Include "$ConfigDir$xdesktopfile.rc"
Include "$ConfigDir$desktop.rc"

I made sure the files xdesktopfile.rc and desktop.rc existed in the themes config folder and then added the following to the xdesktopfile.rc:

xDesktopAutoCreate
xDesktopConfigFile "$ConfigDir$desktop.rc"

I then saved everything and closed, then "Recycle"d Litestep

THE BUG
------------
An alert message popped up with "Icondesk" as the title saying "cannot find desktop windows". Additionally, I have serveral tasks that say "shortcut" or "popup" in the taskbar, which I cannot access or close. If I end a related process it suspends the system and I must restart the machine. Does any one have any suggestions? It seems to be trying to do something with the previous desktops shortcuts (my assumption)

Please Help :)

Posted by member 212670 on 2005-11-08 16:20:22 link

xDesktop is a desktop icons module. jDesk is the actual desktop that executes clicks (like your popup) and defines space.

xDesktop is an alternative to Icondesk. It's Icondesk you want to get rid of, not jDesk.

Posted by member 5575 on 2005-11-08 23:26:27 link

Yeah. What he said.