Rainlendar not saving events Thread last updated on 2005-10-26 22:55:42

Posted by member 19389 on 2005-10-19 20:28:57

Hi guys,
I am using the Nonstep II theme and have Rainlendar running as a module. My problem is that if I create any type of event in Rainlendar, it will disappear after recycle. I’m not exactly sure why it is doing this, but I think it is because Rainlendar is not saving the event to events.ini.

In my personal.rc file, by default,

RainlendarEventsPath "$PersonalDir$rainlendar\",

however there is no Events.ini file in that folder. In my nonstopII config directory, rainlendar.rc says:

RainlendarSkinsPath "$ConfigDir$rainlendar\"
RainlendarCurrentSkin selfmod
RainlendarCurrentSkinIni selfmod-inverse.ini

I am using Rainlendar 0.21.2. I am using the selfmod theme; however the same problem occurs with the default nonstop theme for rainlendar. Everything else works fine, except the saving of events through recycle. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
-Joe

Posted by member 5575 on 2005-10-20 20:06:24 link

Try upgrading to rainlendar-0.22-rc3. It seems to me there was a problem saving events with one of those versions a while back. You might also try setting RainlendarPath to poin to the same place that you have for RainlendarEventsPath.

Posted by member 19389 on 2005-10-20 21:20:17 link

Hey Boreas,
I just updated to rainlendar-0.22-rc3 yesterday, and the same problem still exists. In my personal.rc file, RainlendarPath and RainlendarEventsPath are already pointing to the same directory. Rainlendar works fine when it is running as a stand-alone application, however when it is loaded as a module it will not save events through a recycle. Is anyone running Rainlendar in Litestep and able to save events through recycle?

Thanks again,
-Joe

Posted by member 277333 on 2005-10-22 06:48:24 link

The problem is the plugins.
You have to have them installed and configure them.
Config->Plugins->Rainlendar Ini-format->Settings->Todo Files

I'm having the same problem since I can't manage rainlendar to recgonize the plugins.

Posted by member 5575 on 2005-10-26 22:55:42 link

I have rainlendar.dll and all the plugin dll's in a single folder (named according to the dll version) in my modules folder. I have this definition set:

calendarModule "rainlendar-0.22-rc3"

and then the following:

RainlendarPluginsPath "$ModulesDir$$calendarModule$\"

Events work fine for me with that config. I think you need to use the config dialog to enable the plugins once, too (sets the lines in your rainlendar.ini file).