Two questions.. Thread last updated on 2005-10-11 16:00:32

Posted by member 98818 on 2005-10-09 23:08:53

I've been using Litestep for a long time now, but there are two applications or modules in, or for, it that have always eluded me.

The first is a background that would essentially be your winamp playlist; dynamically changing its appearance and scaling text to suit whichever playlist is currently loaded.

The second, also a background, would also dynamically change, but not very noticably. I've long dreamt of a background that generated fractals. Even though I'm a fairly decent programmer, for a novice, and have had DiffyQ and tons of other Math, I'm still not sure of any libraries or algorithms with which to accomplish this.

Posted by member 12025 on 2005-10-10 00:19:51 link

Winamp playlist: you'd need to make a modern winamp skin that fit your wallpaper.
If Winamp has a method of automatically exporting the playlist on a state-change, there might be another way to handle it.

http://www.imagemagick.org...though it will eat the CPU up.

Posted by member 98818 on 2005-10-11 16:00:32 link

That's one down, thanks. I think by playing around with that and some plugins, even I have to write some, this won't take too much system resources.

On that thought, perhaps theres just a way to make the playlist embedded into the background and float the other images over it, similar to the z-index for div tags in html. I know the two aren't the same, I'm just talking about the similarity of the ideas. Perhaps it's a poor choice of an example.