Couple Questions from a long past user of LS Thread last updated on 2005-09-28 13:10:00

Posted by member 137093 on 2005-09-27 18:43:41

Hey everyone, glad to see LS's community is still going pretty strong. I just had two questions, as I'm setting up a system that will be used solely on an HDTV, and was considering slapping on LS as explorer is so damn ugly.

I grabbed LiteStep way back in the yonder days of Win9x, when everyone and their dog was using ThugLife (as was I).

I was wondering if anyone's done a good theme with the roll-out menu bars, or in fact since done a straight up port of ThugLife? I'm assuming there's been enough changes since XP that that old theme will die before its loaded, but I'd love to see it again.

My other question is, has anyone dealt with using odd resolutions with LS, such as 1920x1080? I'm just curious if its gonna look really stretched (not that explorer won't either :) ) to run most of the themes on the site.

I'd appreciate any responses!

Posted by member 148416 on 2005-09-28 07:06:15 link

Dunno what THugLife is (predates me I guess), but all res-independant themes will work fine on that res since they use relative positioning. Any res would work.

Actually most themes made in the past year would probably work fine ;)

Emphasis on most and probably.

Posted by member 1949 on 2005-09-28 13:09:59 link

some themes will run that res no prob but the wallpaper hmm...
try finding one that size!