Autohide in wharfx Thread last updated on 2005-09-25 06:47:53

Posted by member 262902 on 2005-09-24 20:44:29

I´ve just begun using litestep, so a noob-warning is propaply in place.

Does anyone know how to get wharf to autohide on the right side of the screen (right being the opposite of left)? I´ve only managed to get it to autohide on the left side, wich seems to be default.

Although, having searched for a solution I´ve come to understand that wharf is painstakingly obsolete, so if you know of any other module/modules with similar functions feel free to drop me a line.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-09-24 21:38:26 link

straight from the docs...

AutoHideWharf [BOOL] :: Tells the Wharf to automatically hide to the right, or left, side of the screen after a period of inactivity, which is specified in AutoHideDelay.

===

AutoHideDelay [NUMBER] :: The period of inactivity in milliseconds after which the Wharf will automatically hide to the side of the screen.

Default: 300

Note: AutoHideWharf must be set to true.

===

AutoShowDelay [NUMBER] :: Specifies the time period in milliseconds before the Wharf will show up again when the mouse passes over the hidden Wharf bar.

Default: 300

Posted by member 262902 on 2005-09-24 21:44:48 link

I've read that, probably about 10 times. The only problem is that it doesn´t say how you set the side it will autohide to. I´ve got no problem in getting it to hide, but it hides on the wrong side.

btw: I think that doc is for wharf, not wharfx, but as far as i can tell it shouldn´t matter as the commands are the same in wharfx

Posted by member 1949 on 2005-09-24 21:57:16 link

xlabel or lsbox imho

Posted by member 262902 on 2005-09-24 22:08:12 link

I think I´ll check them out. Wharfx doesn´t really seem to be worth the effort.

As far as I´m concerned this thread is now dead

Posted by member 1 on 2005-09-25 00:09:06 link

I think the wharfcap showing on the wrong side was a problem in a single version of one of the wharf modules, can't remember which. You could replace it kinda easily with xlabel though.

Posted by member 148416 on 2005-09-25 06:47:53 link

As has been said, go with xLabel.

Personally I've never used a wharf module in my life, but it seems that xLabel will do what you want, but it's not "designed" to do it (it's designed to do it, it's just not designed to do *only* it).

You'll have to learn a little bit more than you already do, but it's VERY valuable knowledge you'll be gaining as xLabel and other xModules are quickly becoming the backbone for most themes :)