High Resolution Themes Thread last updated on 2005-09-22 18:29:22

Posted by member 268561 on 2005-09-22 11:28:00

Heya all, new LS user and I was wondering if there are any good themes designed around high resolutions (I run in 1600 x 1200). So far the themes I have tried out seem to be designed on lower resolutions, but the objects don't scale as the resolution increases and everything ends up being so miniscule I can't see it. If there is a way to scale objects or just some themes designed around higher resolutions let me know, and thanks in advance!

Oh, and by objects I am referring to text, menus, task bar, etc. Sorry if that's an inappropriate term.

Posted by member 1885 on 2005-09-22 11:34:12 link

If things get too tiny at high resolutions you need a bigger monitor, not a bigger theme. And if you want the theme to cover more screen real estate, it kind of defeats the purpose of running at 1600 by 1200 doesn't it? Why not just lower the resolution a notch or two?

Posted by member 268561 on 2005-09-22 11:39:47 link

I'm running on a 19" monitor, and I have no issues with explorer shell running in 1600 x 1200. I think the problem is that LS themes are designed to be compact and minimalist, so that when you use a high resolution the text becomes quite unreadable. I was able to change the in some themes to a larger font size, but I'd still like to have all the other objects slightly larger.

I suppose I'll just mull through the uploaded themes and look for one that would be more compatible with a higher resolution, but I was hoping someone might know of a few to suggest off the top of their heads.

And for the record, I primarily use the large resolution for the benefits it provides when browsing the web, or when I use multiple windows (I multi-task on my PC too much probably). Having slightly larger objects is not going to affect that significantly.

Posted by member 12025 on 2005-09-22 11:51:21 link

Start tweaking. Many themes that are not made to be picky about the pixels can be adjusted, but you have to change things for each module, and possibly groups of things within those.

Posted by member 212670 on 2005-09-22 13:51:03 link

[shameless_plug]
I have something I'm going to be releasing within the next few days that might suit you. It's based on my FB Lite, but the bar/popup is now completely dynamic for sizing. You can select your font and font size, and the bar/popup adjust themselves accordingly. There's also a floating command and amp which, in addition to sizing themselves according to the font used, can have their widths stretched on the fly by dragging the right edge... It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :D
[/shameless_plug]

Posted by member 1949 on 2005-09-22 15:48:30 link

Tell me my christmas present before I get it!

Posted by member 268561 on 2005-09-22 18:29:22 link

Sweet Xcal, thanks and let meknow when you release it! I'll definately give it a shot. As far as tweaking some existing themes I really don't have the desire at the minute to invest the time it would take for me to really learn the itnricacies of modifying modules and themes. I'm sure it wouldn't be particularly difficult, but I'm not that worried about it right now =D. Preciate the help