Beginner problems & hesitations Thread last updated on 2005-09-09 15:19:20

Posted by member 265168 on 2005-09-09 02:40:10

hello,

I'm a Windows user since long time. I also use Linux frequently. Recently I "stumbled" into this litestep and I'm very curious about it and thinking of getting it.

Now here is the thing: I have Windows XP SP2 Professional running on my laptop. And I've many applications installed in my machine such as the Office package, SDK for several programming languages, etc.

1) I want a stable, full package version of litestep and where can I find it? Hesitating using any Beta version....

2) I guess I will be able to run all my applications as before after installing Litestep, since it's just a shell?

I guess that's all.
- waiting for response......

Posted by member 44619 on 2005-09-09 10:28:01 link

1. LINK

2. It should run everything OK, there is always a slight chance of problems, if you have a lot of stuff installed, but heck, only one way to find out. Be safe and back up everything important first. Then dive right in. You'll be glad you did.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-09-09 11:06:43 link

1) There are copies in the Downloads section of this site. However...ALL versions of LiteStep are Beta. We have not had, and will not have, a non-beta version of LiteStep for a looong time. Its the nature of the application.

2) All applications will run but in the past we have found some applications don't interact as they should anymore (ie Photoshop). These issues are corrected as quickly as possible by the devs though.

Posted by member 212670 on 2005-09-09 13:31:00 link

Plus, it's the themes/modules that are usually the problem if an issue arises. Make sure to stick to OTS2 themes!

Posted by member 265168 on 2005-09-09 15:19:20 link

I just want to say 'Thank you all' for your reply. Its a kind gesture of you. Nice to know that this forum is of value ;)

Its late now, but I'll try it out tomorrow.
- // -