Introduction and a question about Austerity Thread last updated on 2005-09-08 14:41:30

Posted by member 264807 on 2005-09-08 09:34:10

Hello all,

I have always been a fan of Afterstep so when I found Litestep I was pleasently surprised. I have it running now and am using the default theme Austerity. It's simple, elegant and the documentation is very good. I have been able to configure just about everything I need except for one thing:

I would like to be able to customimze the right+click pop up menu. I nocite at the top of this menu are two entries, "file manager" and "text editor". This leads me to believe that I should be able to add my own entries but for the life of me I can't find how to do this; I even searched the config directory files for those words but didnt find anything relating to the pop up...I am sure I am missing something simple here, what is it?

TIA and a big thank you to the author of Austerity!

Posted by member 212670 on 2005-09-08 13:15:44 link

Go in to your \litestep\personal folder, and open the popup.rc file with a text editor. That file gets loaded for any theme you might be running. You can find the doc for it here: \LiteStep\modules\docs\popup2-2.1.4. The appearance definitions (first main section) are generally defined by the theme you're running. The popup layout (second main section) is all yours to mess with, defined in that popup.rc file. Just make sure to back it up first!

Posted by member 264807 on 2005-09-08 14:41:30 link

Excellent, thanks!