Blankette issue... Thread last updated on 2005-09-04 09:56:25

Posted by member 262412 on 2005-08-30 07:39:04

Okay, so I avoided asking about installing themes, and I caught myself asking about skinning... But judging from the general atmosphere of this community, I have a feeling I'm going to take a severe thrashing sooner or later. Might as well get it over with :)

I'm having lots of general problems but one specific - the "Blankette" theme taskbar loads wrong. All the icons seem to be on top of one another. I had a feeling that on installation I might have instructed it to use an older module version so I deleted the folder and reinstalled it. I was not asked to specify/download any modules and the problem persisted.

If anyone knows this theme I would be very pleased if someone could tell me how to change the background colour... I know about the left-click menu but the options don't make sense to me not do they change anything for me ("Active caption"?)

Posted by member 262412 on 2005-08-30 08:10:20 link

Took a picture of it...

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-30 09:16:21 link

interesting problem...never actually seen a systray, or taskbar, module do that. Can you provide a link to the theme and a full-size screenshot of what you have?

Also...if you want to ask about window skinning check out the sticky thread on it.

Posted by member 1949 on 2005-08-30 12:46:36 link

Dev two modlues loaded there?
Maybe a misconfig?...

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-30 13:26:45 link

two modules wouldn't stack the icons like that. and I don't know of a config that would allow, lets say the systray, to put one icon on top of another. it would rather show them out of view than stack them.

Posted by member 262412 on 2005-08-30 16:09:59 link

The theme can be found at:
http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=2&action=details&id=825
The theme is very simply using each corner as a hotspot, nothing else: Top-left is sytray, bottom-left is taskbar, bottom-right is popup menu and top-right is time/winamp. All other parts worked as they were supposed to.

Unfortunately I can't provide any screen shots right now since, as problems compounded and work needed doing, I returned to a clean windows installation.

Posted by member 1316 on 2005-08-30 18:47:47 link

well, it worked fine for me. after crashing Outlook twice... :/ I don't know how, but the .lsz kept failing, then outlook crashed. twice in a row. very odd... but after manually installing the theme, it worked fine for me.

Posted by member 212670 on 2005-08-30 18:47:57 link

Hmm are you running explorer on top of litestep? That theme works perfectly for me.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-30 21:24:01 link

yeah...I was kinda wondering about the taskbar thats behind myself since its not part of the theme.

Posted by member 148416 on 2005-09-04 09:56:25 link

Yikes maybe I should prowl the forums more :P

Blankette was a theme I made after only theming for a month or so, so it's probably garbage.

I had a 2nd version which blew my mind but I reformatted without thinking to backup my litestep themes (I always rush reformats and forget things).

I've never seen this particular problem though, and I have no idea what's happening to your icons there...

I could be wrong but the taskbar in this theme is hooked into xLabel, right? Maybe my !resize bangs got all buggered somehow? I could see maybe if the taskbar stayed 1-tile high, but the label holding it resized properly? That seems to be maybe what's happening here.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.