irc and litestep Thread last updated on 2005-08-27 20:17:35

Posted by member 261468 on 2005-08-26 01:34:47

ok here is my thought on an interesting module I *know* I would use.

I have 2 irc chats that I am *always* in. I think it would be very, very cool if I could integrate these two channels into my desktop somehow. Hear me out! :)

I don't need any kind of full featured irc client; what I would love to see is the text from that specific chat channel to scroll up on my desktop in a small area, ideally fading in when someone types something, then fading out 10 or so lines up.

The key here is that I don't want to see anything else. I don't want a window to be around it at all-- I want it to look integrated into the background of my theme, perhaps with white text and transperant otherwise.

I think this could look really good if done right, but to be perfectly honest, I have no idea if something like this could be created as a module in litestep.

What do you think?

Respectfully,

a non-programmer

:)

At the bottom, or a part of another button somewhere, would be an input box to add my own comments.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-26 02:46:23 link

been there done that already released. Check out 0irc.

Posted by member 261468 on 2005-08-26 08:35:59 link

Thank you for the reply :). 0irc looks at first glance to be close to what I am imagining, in that it's a litestep module. The changes I would like to see to a module like 0irc are graphical.

It's close, but I would like to find one that:

1) has a completely transperant background.

2) doesn't look like it's in a window. I mean, I would like to see scrolling chat on my screen that looks like it's actually a part of the background. 0irc in all those screenshots still has some kind of frame around the chat itself-- I would like to have that frame removed.

Later today I'll setup 0irc and goof around with it.

Posted by member 37809 on 2005-08-27 20:17:35 link

GhostIRC is one in development.