Removing "Always on top" Thread last updated on 2005-12-04 17:50:39

Posted by member 259638 on 2005-08-21 23:00:21

Hi again, I'm using the singularity theme from the theme section here, and I can't seem to find the "always on top" option to turn it off, as it's quite annoying to have modules overlaying the bottom half of my screen

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-21 23:43:44 link

you have to go into the theme's config files and change the AlwaysOnTop settings to FALSE.

Posted by member 259638 on 2005-08-22 03:19:58 link

that's odd. The config is set to false, but the bottom modules keep going over my browser windows and whatnot. Hmm. Thanks for the advice though.

Posted by member 212670 on 2005-08-22 03:56:52 link

Do this:

Hold shift, and left click the desktop. Under "HotSpots" pick "on." Then, set the UL (upper left) to "Toggle All." Then, set the UR (upper right) to "Top-bar Z-order."

Now, when you move your mouse to the upper left corner, it will toggle the bottom elements on/off. This oddly changes the z-order of the topbar at the same time, but you can toggle that with the hotspot you just made in the upper right.

Posted by member 218053 on 2005-12-03 22:25:49 link

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I am having sort of the same problem.

I am using the Minimalsim Theme and I am having a problem with the rainmeter bar at the top. Whenever I go into a fullmode program, the bar at the top stays in view and flickers alot. I found all the threads saying change the AlwaysOnTop to false, but in this config file it used numbers. I went into the help file and found the settings for that command and tried all of them, none fixed the problem. I even tried changing it to "FALSE" even though that isn't stated as a valid option. I think it is a problem with the way the bar is refreshed, thus creating the flickering.

The HideOnMouseOver command works if I turn it on, when I am in the program and mouse over it, it will dissapear after a second or so. It is still annoying though, with the flickering and all. If I turn the bar off everything is fine, but I would like to be able to use fullscreen programs without having to turn on and off the bar every time I go in/out of them.

I looked in the thread for the theme itself and they didn't have anything about this problem. I did a search for "rainmeter flickering" and didn't come up with anything, so I am sorry if this is a easily fixed problem but I can't figure it out, and the only answer offered anywhere is the AlwaysOnTop command, which isn't working.

If you can help thank you very much. I am using rainmeter .13 with explorer as the shell. The minimalism theme is here:
http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=2&action=details&id=1036

Edit: It is kind of nice being able to see what song is playing/the computer stats. If there is a way to get rid of the flickering, or to make it so it wont intefere with the program being run that would be cool as well as fixing the alwaysontop problem.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-12-04 02:38:02 link

Lets start like this...

1) This should be a new thread. It has nothing to do with the original thread other than a setting that you admit doesn't even apply.

2) You are running the theme over explorer. Have you tried disabling explorer?

3) Im going to guess here...but it doesn't look like rainmeter...it looks like label. If it is label it sure does have an AlwaysOnTop setting and it sure does accept FALSE

4) Have you checked Task Manager and made sure that it isn't flickering because your CPU is at 100%? This can happen with running LS on top of explorer VERY easily.

5) Can you even have a transparent label without loading a desktop module?

Posted by member 218053 on 2005-12-04 17:50:39 link

2) Disabling explorer had no effect on the problem.

3) In the theme thread he says he is using Rainmeter until he can figure out how to do it in xLabel. I had to install rainmeter for the top bar to appear. The reason I said FALSE did not appear to work is there IS a AlwaysOnTop option but when I looked in the help menu it only had number values, such as -2, -1, 0, 1. It did not have anything about TRUE or FALSE.

4) My CPU is running at around 30% when this is happening, it does not seem affected by the CPU usage.

5) No idea, I don't know much of anything about the litestep programming, I can rearrange the popup menu and that is about it.