Nero and Litestep Thread last updated on 2005-08-24 21:10:50

Posted by member 258027 on 2005-08-16 15:31:34

Anyone else have issues with Litestep and Nero? I put in a blank CD and no autorun - tried installing autorun mod from loosescrews, and even looked up any solutions on Google - but alas, to no avail :(

I have already used the XP checks (btw, windows XP SP2, Litestep build 3.0.2(?), it's Omar's release), and was using lightning's skin (by Immortal). By XP checks, I went to "My Computer" and right clicked the CD-RW and tried to see if autorun options were available for Blank CD's. I also checked file type options (again, Blank CD option not available), and, yes, I reinstalled, and rebooted.

So either Im stupid stupid, or no one has come across this issue but myself...

If it's the former, any solutions out there? If the latter ... anyone wanna make a soltion cause.. Im like... stupid stupid :(

Thanks in advance,

Amejin

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-16 15:59:50 link

too lazy to run Nero by clicking on it? gggg

Autorun is part of the explorer shell and is removed when you replace it. The autorun module is as close as you can get but it does have its limitations.

Posted by member 258027 on 2005-08-16 16:02:49 link

I was hoping there was a better solution is all :-D

And not as a knock to the guys who put lots of hard work into LS, but having to run through the prog list to find Nero is anti-productive.

and.. uhh... gggg? That's a new one on me :)

Anyway, if there is a solution, any help would be appreciated.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-16 16:23:34 link

if you burn that many CDs you could alter your popup, add a shortcut/label or add a hotkey. Hell do all 3.

As for the getting it fixed...some programmer may have time. Ill move this to requests and see if you can get some response from them.

Posted by member 258027 on 2005-08-16 16:27:36 link

Thank you kindly.

Posted by member 99 on 2005-08-24 21:10:50 link

Hm, autorun usually works off of some files placed on the media, which obviously isn't the case here. It may be a shell extension, in which case you're screwed.