Label and video cards Thread last updated on 2005-08-31 18:09:07

Posted by member 258027 on 2005-08-13 16:54:13

Much like us freaks who like to see our system resources, I was wondering if there was a way to take it a step further and gather data on video card info - including core speed/memory avail-used, and maybe even driver version info and VBIOS card name and version...

Any help out there?

Posted by member 1885 on 2005-08-13 18:49:35 link

Not that I know of. Interesting thought though, maybe you could post it as an xLabel feature request over on ls-universe.info.

Still, I wonder in what scenario something like that would be truly useful. When playing games, possibly, but I wouldn't want some LS meter thingy visible while in fullscreen. For benchmarking purposes it might come in handy though.

Posted by member 258027 on 2005-08-13 22:24:49 link

Well... what purpose does knowing what build and OS you have running? Most modders and programmers would know this by heart, and recall it in an instant.

It's more for show and tell than anything, especially for peeps with the x800 cards or what not... just like many modules in LS, it may not be useful, but certainly can be fun :)

Posted by member 1413 on 2005-08-31 18:09:07 link

I have to agree with both of you. An interesting idea, and while practical uses would be limited, it's always nice to have bragging rights on your screen. :)

Andymon!? Feel like throwing a few more things in Xlabel or are you finally finished with it? (You know you can't quit on that module) ;)

Good idea Amejin!
8^)