lswchanger-1.2, $WallpapersDir trouble? Thread last updated on 2005-08-01 16:31:14

Posted by member 253338 on 2005-07-31 14:11:23

Yo ... I've been fooling around with lswchanger 1.2 for a while now and the question popped into my head "can I have it select different wallpapers for each theme I switch to"

So I went into each of my theme folders, created a "wallpaper" directory and left theme specific wallpapers, etc in there. Then I edited step.rc to include

$WallpapersDir "$ThemeDir\wallpaper\\"

and

*wallpaper path "C:\Documents and Settings\Attica.BUCKFUSH\Application Data\LiteStep\themes$WallpapersDir"

but when I switch to another theme and/or recycle LiteStep I get the error

"No images in list!"

This persists even after using the !wallpaper .sort, !wallpaper .mix and just to be 100% sure the !wallpaper .on commands in lsxcommand-1.9.4 - I have to edit changes out of step.rc and recycle LiteStep to get it back to any sort of working order.

Moreover, the blueHeart theme takes a hit, with everything disappearing from the right click menu except "Shortcuts" !

I've read all documentation related to lswchanger and even tried altering the wallpaper path variable by placing back slashes in or around $WallpapersDir, which hasn't worked either.

I'm dead out of options. Is there any way I can get this to work that I might not have thought of yet?

Posted by member 1 on 2005-07-31 15:23:40 link

There are many issues with what you posted but you went it all wrong. So here are a couple points..

1) When defining an eVar don't put a $ in front of it.

2) When using an eVar make sure you surround it in $'s. (ie $WallpapersDir$.

3) Read the documentation for OTS 2. There is a config for setting wallpapers on a per theme basis. It uses the misc folder and is really straight forward enough where you won't want to config a new module for it.

Posted by member 253338 on 2005-07-31 21:13:10 link

1 and 2 I won't argue with, but where I'm sure you interpret "a config" as one variable, I interpret "a config" as an actual description or outline of what to do.

And the latter - which you implied as to the existence of - I did not see in any links on http://o-t-s.sourceforge.net, nor did I see anything talking about the "misc" folder.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-01 03:47:29 link

Read lsthemeinstaller.txt from your Utilities folder. It will tell you how to name things and where to put them. As for the word config...it is a setting or group of settings to get a task done.

Posted by member 253338 on 2005-08-01 13:19:15 link

Okay. I guess we can agree on wording it that way.

I think I've solved this problem by just shoving the full *wallpaper path in each theme.rc and changing it based on the exact theme loaded.

Might be more "ghetto" than what I was expecting, but *shrug* . . . whatever works.

Posted by member 1 on 2005-08-01 15:18:37 link

too hard to read the docs and name the file properly in the misc folder?

Posted by member 253338 on 2005-08-01 16:31:14 link

Believe what you wish. ;)