Moving to the mouse Thread last updated on 2006-03-09 12:36:57

Posted by member 363 on 2005-07-23 08:44:39

Hi! :-) might as well start off polite! I'm trying to create a theme (just for me really) where everything like the systray and taskbar are hidden in seperate labels (using the x... modules) and I want all the labels to be 'callable' using the media keys on my keyboard. I'm fairly sure I can figure that one out, but can anyone help me with this problem. I want to press the button and have the labels popup under my mouse, whereever it happens to be on my screen. Do I need something like mzscript for this or is there a bang I don't know of? TIA Exit

Posted by member 12025 on 2005-07-23 12:27:37 link

If you're just dealing with the desktop, it's no sweat--MZScript can do it (%{mousex}, %{mousey}). If you mean also on top of application windows, then you will need a hotkey, rather than a mouse click.

Posted by member 363 on 2006-03-07 13:43:52 link

Okay... thanks for that cerbie :) sorry it's taken me so long to say thank you, I've been trying to figure out mzscript, and it's just not my thing... Can I ask anyone to give me some advice on how to use it? TIA exit

Posted by member 5575 on 2006-03-07 14:53:10 link

I blew away all my mzscript stuff when I started using Lua instead. Let's see what's in the archive...

Something like this ought to work (edited to fit your case, obviously):

*script bang !putSomeLabelHere
*script exec !labelMove SomeLabelName %{mousex} %{mousey}
*script exec !labelShow SomeLabelName
*script ~bang

Then execute the !putSomeLabelHere bang with a hotkey, and there ya go.

Posted by member 363 on 2006-03-09 12:36:57 link

ok, that was very easy :D why didn't my brain get around that? thanks very much boreas :D