Rainmeter disappears randomly Thread last updated on 2005-07-16 12:30:09

Posted by member 1885 on 2005-07-16 10:12:19

Note: This was also posted on Rainy's forum, but I figured I might try here as well.

I have a very annoying problem with Rainmeter 0.13 RC2 (happened with 0.12 as well): the meter keeps disappearing all the time. It seems to happen randomly so I haven't been able to recreate the conditions under which it occurs.

I'm using Rainmeter with LiteStep (0.24.7, xStep build), and in this particular theme the meter's integraded into a panel. Since the positioning of everything on the panel -- taskbar, vwm, systray etc. -- isn't static, the theme pretty much breaks when Rainmeter vanishes and the other modules can't calculate their positions properly. Sometimes Rainmeter just hides itself, i.e. I can get it back with !rainmetershow or by recycling. But at other times it simply goes away and won't come back unless I kill LiteStep and start it again. As you may understand this problem is very frustrating, I can't release the theme unless this is solved somehow.

So... has anyone else experienced this? Or is it not related to Rainmeter, but to something else in my setup? I'll post more details here if necessary, config, other modules loaded etc. Thanks.

Posted by member 37809 on 2005-07-16 12:30:09 link

I experienced that in rainmeter 0.9 (about when I stopped using rainmeter on a regular basis, as I haven't upgraded my aging workstation's performance-bearing hardware since then). After a few hours or by the next day rainmeter would just vanish, and I would have to kill the (standalone .exe) process.

I like to believe that I remember 0.8 not having this bug.