Questions that need answering Thread last updated on 2004-08-30 20:12:53

Posted by member 189895 on 2004-08-29 22:27:42

Sorry I couln't think of of more specific title, but that might be the most accurate.

Questions about litestep:
Vtray seems to stretch it's background image in a strange way ( small black markings ). Does anyone know why or how to fix this?

When hooking vtray I am trying to give it an auto width. It works when have autowidth in vtray but not in xlabel.

I only want one background image for vtray. Why is it that when I remove the image from one or the other vtray is either gone or displays black or white behind the icons.

I read that I shouldn't use negative values in xlabel. I dont seem to have problems with it (unless it causes other problems I can't explain. (like the upper-left hand corner acts up after refreshing litestep.

I am having problems hooking xtaskbar into xlabel. I tried puting this: xtaskbarloadinbox in xtaskbar and configuring a hook into xlabel and had no luck. When I refresh, litestep doesn't even load.

Is there a way to give xtaskbar a group? If so I dont need to hook it into xlabel (I dont think).

Thanks for being patient with a beginner of litestep. I am a web designer, not much of a coder. I am sure I will get this stuff over time.

God Bless.

Posted by member 5575 on 2004-08-30 00:43:40 link

Hmmm, I alwys thought web design was basically coding for a browser... in any case, regarding the streching of the vtray image, you need to specify which portions of the BG image are the borders, so that they don't get included in the stretching. It looks like this (may say vtray rather than systray):
systrayBitmap baseimgblrb.png
systrayBorderTop 1
systrayBorderBottom 2
systrayBorderLeft 2
systrayBorderRight 2

You've probably got 1 pixel of the border that's getting included somehow. From your description, it sounds more like it's getting tiled rather than stretched though. Is there a setting for systrayBitmapTiled in there?

Posted by member 189895 on 2004-08-30 11:14:24 link

No, I don't think that is it. It almost looks like black stretch marks in the middle of the image. I don't even think the image is being stretched at this point. I never had this problem with systemtray.

Well there is coding involved with web design but I only know html and some php. I am more focused on the graphic design of the front end. I would consider a coder someone who promarily codes php, asp VB or any other language like that. However I like coding litestep and find that it is the type of challenge that is right for me at this point.

Does anyone else know the answers to the other questions?

Posted by member 35 on 2004-08-30 17:17:43 link

>When hooking vtray I am trying to give it an auto width. It works when have autowidth in vtray but not in xlabel.

you'll have to do a !labelresize using systrayonadd/ondel, read the docs of both modules for the propper syntax.

>I read that I shouldn't use negative values in xlabel. I dont seem to have problems with it (unless it causes other problems I can't explain. (like the upper-left hand corner acts up after refreshing litestep.

no problems. dunno what you have in the upper-left hand corner.

>I am having problems hooking xtaskbar into xlabel. I tried puting this: xtaskbarloadinbox in xtaskbar and configuring a hook into xlabel and had no luck. When I refresh, litestep doesn't even load.

check the loading order, taskbar has to be loaded before xlabel.

>Is there a way to give xtaskbar a group? If so I dont need to hook it into xlabel (I dont think).

if you wanted hooked then hook it, i dont understand what you mean by *group*.

Posted by member 189895 on 2004-08-30 18:04:56 link

By *group* I mean the addtogroup command in xlabel.

Posted by member 37809 on 2004-08-30 18:55:38 link

xtaskbar isn't an instance of xlabel, so probably not.
specify the same image for vtray and the window to which you are hooking. i don't know if you're saving resources by not specifying an image for either one. vtray should still be able to autosize when it's hooked. the container won't autosize by itself though.

Posted by member 189895 on 2004-08-30 20:12:53 link

could someone show me how to hook xtaskbar?

I have this in xlabel:
;*Label xtasklabel
;xtasklabeladdtogroup 100
;xTasklabelX 157
;xTasklabelY -28
;xTasklabelwidth 755
;*xTasklabelModuleHook !xtaskbarhook
(I remove the comment tabs when I am trying to get it to work).

And here is my xtaskbar config:
;xtaskbarloadinbox (not commented when trying to get it to work.)
xTaskbarX 157
xTaskbarY -28
xTaskbarAlwaysOntop
;xTaskbarUseGrouping
xTaskbarWidth 755
xTaskbarHeight 28
xTaskbarImage "bar.png"
xTaskbarnormalbuttonImage "button.png"
xTaskbarActiveButtonImage "abutton.png"
xTaskbarFont "Tahoma"
xTaskbarNormalFontBold "True"
xTaskbarActiveFontBold "True"