Mods to YF19 - Default EZ Install Theme Thread last updated on 2004-08-26 20:50:41

Posted by member 102017 on 2004-08-25 00:45:18

Hey everybody, I'm a born again newcomer to LiteStep. I used it a long time ago, and loved it then, but just couldn't get used to the way it worked. I came back after some time and decided to give it another shot, and I loved the changes, especially the default theme in EZ2Install, YF19. But it needed more... something more unique. So I took some initiative, and pulled off something interesting. To see a screen shot, check out:

http://www.4theweb.com/justinb/desktop.jpg

Notice the semi-transparent white box on the center? It's a little app I made to complement the theme. I call it cmdAxxess. Basically, it relays shell commands to Windows, for the sake of ease of use, of course adding a few commands of my own, such as "suicide (immediate system shutdown)", "reload (immediate reboot)" and other things. The program makes use of the hooge font included in the default theme, but the font can be changed by typing "changefont" or "fontsize".

Basically people, what I am asking, is if anybody out there would like it if I submitted my mods to the LiteStep community as a whole. I just want to get some opinions before I bother uploading.

Posted by member 1 on 2004-08-25 01:45:09 link

The biggest problem is that ez2install does not conform to the OTS2 standard. It was released before the standard was finalized and changes were made making OTS2 compliant themes unlikely to install. If you rerelease the theme, with permissions, make sure that you comply with the OTS2 standard and not just update the theme.

Posted by member 103254 on 2004-08-25 08:56:03 link

your app thingy, there's a module that does the exact same thing (and executes bangs, supports aliases, history, web searches, etc) called lsxcommand. And I'll go with devildoi and tell you ez2i prolly isn't the best installer/distro. You might want to check out omar's...

Posted by member 102017 on 2004-08-25 21:52:38 link

Yeah I used omar's before but encountered some problems with it, and I just didn't feel like taking time to iron out the problems. As for the module that was available, I didn't really know about it, but it's nice to know it's out there. Still, I am happy to have made something myself.

Posted by member 31 on 2004-08-26 10:44:31 link

ApocalypseXP, I think it is always neat to release things one has created. It might not be for everyone, but usually someone always finds it useful. While OTS2 is the desired format for themes, you don't -have- to abide by it. So, feel free to post yours in any case. Go Litestep. :)

Posted by member 102017 on 2004-08-26 20:50:41 link

Thanks for the encouragement, Jugg, I think I will ;)