mzscript bangs question Thread last updated on 2004-08-26 20:57:06

Posted by member 124072 on 2004-08-24 15:10:46

I have a taskbar using "tasks-0.92-b3". When there are no tasks running, there is no bar, so I made one out of images using shortcut. When I hide the shortcut and tasks, everthing seems fine, that is until I make them show again. For some reason, the shortcuts stay ontop on the tasks (both are set to alwaysontop). I have a bang set to hide/show the bar using mzscript. My question is can I have the script do bangs in a certain order?
*Script bang !button1
*Script exec !execute [!commandhide] [!vtrayshow] [!shortcutgrouphide 3] [!shortcutgroupshow 4] [!shortcutgroupshow 2] [!tasksshow]
*Script ~bang

That is my bang that im using if that helps at all

Posted by member 144980 on 2004-08-24 15:28:10 link

i only just started using mzscript last week but i think doing it like this should make it work in the order you want

*Script bang !button1
*Script exec !thebangyouwanttoexecutefirst
*Script exec !thebangyouwanttoexecutesecond
*Script exec !thebangyouwanttoexecutethird
*Script ~bang

thing is though i assume that your execute bang has all the sub bangs in the order you want them and i always thought that execute runs the bangs from left to right.
on a few occasions i've found using a pause bang helps on long executes, i guess sometimes some things need a tiny bit longer to do their thing

Posted by member 124072 on 2004-08-24 18:10:35 link

still isnt working...
*Script bang !button1
*Script exec !execute [!shortcutgrouphide 3] [!shortcutgroupshow 4] [!shortcutgroupshow 2]
*Script exec !execute [!commandhide] [!vtrayshow] [!tasksshow]
*Script ~bang

and what is this pause bang? i've never heard of it :(

Posted by member 103254 on 2004-08-25 09:06:19 link

How about this:
*Script bang !button1
*Script exec !sortcutgrouphide 3
*Script exec !sortcutgroupshow 4
*Script exec !sortcutgroupshow 2
*Script exec !commandhide
*Script exec !vtrayshow
*Script exec !tasksshow
*Script ~bang

I think it should do the same thing...
And that pause thing, I think it's a bang from the timer.dll module

Posted by member 7991 on 2004-08-26 10:40:38 link

Funkydood - typo: "!sortcut..." should be "!shortcut..." ;P

!pause 50

Would pause the script for 50 ms (milliseconds) and then continue.

And the problem you are having may be a result of the order the modules are initially LOADED. If the shortcut module is currently loaded before the taskbar module, try switching them, or vice versa.

Posted by member 12025 on 2004-08-26 20:57:06 link

...and if pause screws up, use timer. !pause caused trouble for me, but not timer. !pause allegedly came from a differnt module.