Right Click Quick Launch buttons Thread last updated on 2004-08-22 06:40:20

Posted by member 190166 on 2004-08-18 19:08:48

I've been editing someone's theme to fit what i want. With austerity each icon has two progs (one for left and on for right click) i'd like the same on mine.

I tried studying the austerity code, and applying it to this themes code. The links for the theme look like this:

*shortcut "Web Browser" $X+40$ $Y$ internet.png internet_ovr.png internet_clk.png .none "$Browser$"

in austerity they look like this:
*Shortcut "$SC1Name$" $IconsX$ $BarY$ icons\browser1.png icons\browser2.png icons\browser3.png #0O$SCFlag$ ["$SC1LClick$"]["$SC1RClick$"]

so i tried doing this:
*shortcut "Web Browser" $X+40$ $Y$ internet.png

internet_ovr.png internet_clk.png .none ["$Browser$"]["$Email$"]

Now when i right click it does nuttin :( before it opend my web browser.

Posted by member 820 on 2004-08-18 23:02:32 link

Well by all means I am not a shortcut expert, but I think you have to define the group after the pngs, try tossing #0 in between clk.png and .none, also I haven't used the new syntax yet.. do you need more .none in the spots for middleclick and drag&drop action?

PS: You will want to look at how the groups actually work to set the status up properly.

Posted by member 190166 on 2004-08-19 03:18:59 link

where can i find out how the groups actually work?

do u know what
#0O$SCFlag$
means, which is in the austerity code, in place of the .none?

Cheers, Fred

Posted by member 820 on 2004-08-19 21:09:53 link

In general, docs are in \litestep\modules\docs\(module), but there are some outdated shortcut docs at http://lsdocs.shellfront.org/shortcut.php

Basically its saying this shortcut belongs to group 0, is opaque (the O), and also whatever variable $SCFlag$ is set too, probably always on top or hidden at start.

Hope that helps.

Posted by member 190166 on 2004-08-22 06:40:20 link

Thankyou for all your help :) I found the problem, it was simply that i was changing the wrong section :P